.seventeen.

Devasya pushed aside the baby hair falling on the eyes of Sona. He set aside his arm to let her head fall over it, making Sona snuggle closely into him till there was no space. Devasya grinned, her nosepin poked his arm.

Devaysa sighed, wanting to melt onto this feeling. He pulled Sona towards him and closed his eyes, sleep overtaking his consciousness.

°°°°
Sona stirred in her sleep, getting up while rubbing her eyes. She stood up to move towards the kitchen. Taking a glass from the shelf, she poured some water into it and drank it. Sighing quietly she moved towards the couch in the living room, Sona took her phone kept on the table and opened her Whatsapp. Scrolling through the messages , Sona yawned. She looked up at her phone screen to see the time, it was 6 in the morning. Sona kept her phone down and moved to the kitchen to make some tea and to brush her teeth afterwards.

Devasya eyes stirred open when his alarm of clapping noise rang loudly throughout the room, he groaned feeling the headache from the evening before coming back. He sat up and set the alarm off. Sighing, he massaged his hair quietly. Sona opened the door with her foot, carrying a tray with two cups of tea and some namkeen along. She kept the tray on the bed after putting away the quilt to the side. Devasya whined loudly on noticing her pulling away the quilt.

"It's cold Sona! What are you doing?" Devasya asked. Sona sat on his side and pulled the tray closer to herself, while tucking herself under Devasya's arm. "Hi Sir, your personal heater is back to your service. Are you feeling warm yet?" Sona asked while grinning.

Devasya snorted loudly and pushed his face into Sona's hair.

"I freaking hate how active you are in the mornings, Sona" Devasya said.

"And I hate how depressed you look in the morning" Sona countered playfully. Devaysa slapped her head from above making Sona gasp almost dropping the warm cup of tea she was holding.

"Devaysa you mad or what!"

"Sona baat kare?"

"Toh ab kya karre hai? Play ki practise?"

Devasya sighed tiredly feeling the throbbing against his head getting stronger.

"I didn't feel bad Devasya, I knew you had some urgent work which called you. It was strange, yes, but I had my family. but i would appreciate it if you tell me beforehand if you're going somewhere. It'll keep me updated. So stop making your stupid assumptions and get it inside your head that I don't hate you"

Devasya sighed, this time ỉn relief.

"Yes, I will make sure to do that. I am sorry once again,Sona"

The silence continued while both of them slurped slowly on their tea.

"I was reading a book yesterday and the main character fought with her friend and its making me sad thinking about it." Sona whined laying her head flat against Devaysa's arm.

"Really? What did they both fought about?" Devaysa asked curiously.

"Riya and her friend had miscommunication, a pretty bad one at that"

"hmm and what do you think? Was Riya right? Or was her friend right?" Devasya asked thoughtfully.

"I think, Riya was right, why did she had to feel weird for making someone feel they were special. I was quite angry with her friend too, but as I think more about it, I think it's quite sad how easily we break bonds without talking things out. How easy it would be to solve so many relationships, just by keeping out hurt and ego aside for some time, just to see what the other person's perspective was when they were saying those words. Taking space is okay, she could have stopped talking to him for some days but she cut all her ties at once. but then again, everyone's trauma, story is different so we should not judge them, right?" Sona answered with her eyes closed.

Devasya pulled Sona back and kissed her forehead lightly, again tucking her back under his arm.

"I think it's important to think from the other person's point of view in a certain situation too. I think what Riya did was both wrong and right. Maybe she had certain trauma related to such people, who assume first and talk later so she let go off him to not experience the same hurt again. But if not, then she should have talked to him, you're right, taking space is okay but letting misunderstandings grow in any relationship is wrong."

Sona nodded with hooded eyes, feeling sleepy yet again.

Her phone beeped causing Devaysa to pick it up from the tray. On seeing the message, Devasya paled.

°°°°°°°
Hi guys! I know short update, but i will continue with regular updates now. And yes, this was a filler chapter.

And the story of Riya is mine lol, this story ig is inspired from the events that take place in my life, do tell me what would you have done if you were in Riya's place.

Love, tc.