.four.

Devasya set aside his binders on the bed to make space to keep the bag on the bed. Sighing quietly to himself, he plopped upon the soft mattress. Devasya has been packing since the last three hours, more specifically since he got a call from his assistant telling him about the urgent meeting with Mr.Batra from Kerela. Devasya and his whole team has been fighting tooth and nails from the last one year to get in contact with the said important client, but he has been in USA for the last 8 months making effective communication unreachable. Finally, Batra has return from his almost year long vacation from USA and has started working upon his main central branch of his company "market motors" in India.

Not only is he a really successful business man, but also he has been greatest source of motivation for start ups entrepreneur, one of those also includes Devasya. He has always been fascinated and surprised by Batra's unique way of attracting public towards his company, there are hundreds other motor companies too, but the one thing which keeps Batra's company on top is the structure he has given to his business. Devasya sighed soundly pushing his face in between the cushion on the bed. The faint smell of lavender and citrus fruits wafted into his nose making him sniff the pillow to smell the addicting smell once again.

It's the same smell that instantly climbs up into his nose in the bathroom when he enters to shower, smell of Sonarika's bodywash. He can admit sheepishly that the smell really smelled good just as any perfume or body wash does. Since Sona came into his house, his house has really started to look and feel like a home. It smells nice all the time and all the things are at their places and everything is really neat and clean. Although a part of the credit goes to their house's maid too but another half of it definitely goes to Sona, Devasya concluded and how can he not when he is the regular targets of all the scoldings from his wife about not keeping things at their place or not keeping the kitchen slab clean.

Whenever Devasya works from home, this is his normal routine: do some work, talk to his assistant, again do some more work, gets tired so get up to make some kadak adrak waali chai and in the process of getting it inside the cup, spill it on the counter top, tries to wash it off but makes a mess, Sona comes, gasps loudly, he gets a scolding, he keeps his head down and stealthily walks to the room, works while drinking chai, does some stretches, dress up and goes to his cabin in the room he has rented as his office, comes home, eats meal, talks to Sona about his day, works some more and then go to sleep.

Devasya turned on his back and smiled sleepily, he never thought ever in his life that he will meet someone like Sonarika. Too bad they can't be real husband and wife, if they had been, Devasya thought, they would have excelled at it. Their coordination and their thought process is so similar and so good and it doesn't hurt that Sona is beautiful too, from the past one and a half month he has seen Sona in all her forms, the bags under the eye look, the casual sunday look, the sajne dhajne waala party look, the tired, sleepy look, the annoyed look and one thing that were common in all of them, her innocent, pretty face.

This was the reason Devasya was avoiding getting married, he knew he might develop infatuation for the other person. He closed his eyes and sighed, for the gazillion times. He had an idea though, he can turn this infatuation into friendship (?) Okay so he knows that this seems like an absurd idea but he can try right and anyway he is going to Kerala for a week that might help him too, you know distance and all. He will be happy to have her as his best friend though. Devasya smiled. God knows how many times he has wished for a bestfriend.

He has always wanted someone who can understand him without him having to tell his feelings or thoughts to the other person. How interesting would that be? To have that one person with whom you can be silly, loving and fight with all the time. It has been a long time since Devasya has sat aside and thought about the relationships he has in his life, another thing Sona gave to him. Maybe they can be best friends, may be in future when he would have established himself as someone more than a struggling startup entrepreneur and when he would be sure he has enough money with him to fulfil all the married life needs, he will ask Sona for real to be his wife, may be she would be a well known doctor by then, laybe she wouldn't care about him and would ask for divorce, maybe she would be here.

So many maybe's.

Devasya can not and will not ever sacrifice his dream tho even if it includes sacrificing his feelings. What he said to Sona when they met for the first time in the hotel, still stands right. He might laugh with Sona or might be affectionate towards her but he do not have time for her, and its better she is not expecting anything from him just like he is not expecting anything from her. They can work on themselves first and then they would work on their relationship, ofcourse if Sona would want to.

And he really really hope she would.

***************

Hello everyone,
Yeppppppsssss ik ik ik, i unpublished this book (i hope you noticed 🥹) it was because i recently got an ipad and i started this story on laptop, my laptop hasn't been working well so, i had to replace it. It is crazy how much effort it takes to type on the ipad keyboard, my hands are literally aching so bad rn but I hope you enjoyed the peak inside Devasya's mind.

To be clear, i haven't thought or mapped out this story. I don't know what will happen in the next chapter or when will both Sona and Devasya say "ilysm, please be my real wife/husband, fuck our deal, i just want this" lol, the point is whenever i write, i write solely upon instinct, i never thought that Devasya would be infatuated with Sona first, i always thought it would be Sona but here we are 😂.

I sincerely hope that this is not feeling like a fast paced book because i dislike insta love with every fibre of my body. I love the build up, i love to see how the protagonists reached to the point of loving each other, i want to see their conversations, their banter, honestly i want to live with them. I feel like i haven't showed any connection between Dev and Sona, it was just like they got married, they had an understanding, they talked on the over the dining table, one month passed and booooooom Devasya suddenly likes Sona 😭😭 honestly now when i have written this out, i feel the worst, does it really feel like this guys?

I really need your opinion over this.

I have planned on conversations over phone and uh-huh some letters for the next few chapters now that Devasya is going on a trip. I am not sure cuz as i told you it doesnt matter what i think, whatever i write is spot on.

Please tell me anything you don't like in this book, i will be happy to hear it!

Love you,
Bye 👋