.twelve.

Unedited

Rolling his sleeves till his elbow, Devasya adjusted the collar of his kurta. Devasya never really liked the hassle of dressing up for Indian functions , for him it was unnecessary work to do just because you wanted to congratulate someone and eat delicious food. But it was what it was and he had to go to this wedding and like the good boy he was, he would do it without any complaint.

He opened the door to their room and the fresh fragrance of his wife's citrus body wash invaded his nose. Breathing deeply, Devasya closed the door by his foot and saw the door of the bathroom open. He threw his bike keys on top of the bedside table near the lamp and proceeded to make his way towards the bathroom.

Sona couldn't for the life of her decide which lipstick she should choose to wear and honestly, it was giving her a damn headache. Sona sighed loudly rubbing her temples. The sudden appearance of hands on her waist, made Sona turn around to look at her husband through the mirror who was already looking at her through the same mirror. She closed her eyes and rested her head on Devasya's shoulder.

Both of them had decided yesterday to go slow on this marriage road. Devasya wanted to know Sona more and Sona wanted to get used to having someone to fall back onto and to share her life with. The two lovebirds had also come to a conclusion that for now they both only liked each other but according to Devaysa it wouldn't take them much time to fall in love too, hearing this Sona had turned a cute cherry red and Devasya couldn't stop himself from hugging her and kissing her forehead, she was just too cute.

And now, the next evening, they both were getting ready to go to Sona's cousin Mahi's engagement.

Looking at her, Devasya couldn't help but admire the elegant features of his wife. Her eyes were closed but her eyebrows were a little scrunched up making her look like a small harmless mouse, her nose was straight and her lips, god, don't get him started on her lips. Plump, full lips were looking at him so damn invitingly like they were calling him to meet after such a long day, and did Devasya wanted to meet. He sighed, it wasn't the time right now. He walked towards her and turned Sona towards him.

He pecked her forehead and rested his forehead on hers adoringly. Devasya still could not believe that this kind woman, with such a beautiful heart and soul, is his wife. Yes, he know that they have agreed to take this slow but their are some things in life which you are just goo sure of and for Devaysa there had been only two things in life, he was sure of, 1) his startup business 2) Sonarika. He still could not believe that she was his soulmate, she has to be, to feel something for someone this soon? Yes, there is no other explanation to it other than Sona being other half of his soul. His soul was intertwined with this human right here, he was sure of this.

He sighed softly and again pecked her temple softly. "Devvvvvvvvv!" Devasya's lips turned up listening to his wife's whiny voice. He nudged her earlobe with his lips, making a sound (which really sounded like a grunt) to acknowledge her whines.

Huffing at his indifference, Sona lifted her head and stood away from his body, twisting her lips in mild annoyance. She couldn't believe that she was frustrated with the lack of opinion because she had never before had a problem with making any decision alone. Picking up the two colors of lipsticks, Sona turned towards Devasya and saw him leaning towards the chair and watching her intently. Rolling her eyes at his not-so-subtle attempts of seducing her, she showed him the lipsticks asking through her eyes for him to choose.

Devasya was humored. To him, Sona looked ready to attend her own wedding as a bride, with Devasya as the groom, duh! But looking at the annoyance on Sona's face, he decided it was safe to not say anything, so he picked the red lipstick that matched with the red saree Sona was wearing. Sona nodded slightly and turned back towards the mirror.

Devasya watched transfixed as Sona stretched her lips wide while applying the lipstick, the way she rolled her lips to wipe off the extra. He watched as Sona applied dark black Kohl to her eyes but as soon as she picked the blush, Devasya took her by surprise when he turned her back towards him in a second.

Sona's eyes widened looking at his dark eyes. She looked at him, her gaze noticing her trimmed stubble and moving onto his pink lips. She gazed at his eyes, black with a hint of gold, his long eyelashes. Devasya watched Sona taking him in, his gaze turned to her lips, the red colour taunting him. He pulled her towards him with a jerk and his lips landed a fraction away from her lips, he stopped, his lips locked in their position. Sona's eyes closed on their own accord, she clutched Devasya's kurta tightly in her hands. Devasya's hand moved from her hand to her neck, he covered the entire area with his palm. He continued with his butterfly kisses on Sona's cheeks. Sona felt the sensation of Devasya's lips on her cheek but she wanted to feel them pressed onto her skin, marking her, branding her, she wanted to feel them on her lips, their lips moving against each other, she wanted to fell them-

Sona jerked when Devasya's cold hand cupped her cheek and his lip pressed kisses down her neck. His other palm covered her bare waist, Sona shivered. Devasya moved his palm on her waist back and forth, noticing the smooth butter like texture. He stopped when he noticed his lips moving dangerously close to her cleavage. He rested her head on his shoulder, as his hand from her cheek slid down to het waist, tightening his hold onto her waist, he hugged her to himself, close. Always close, never far.

Sona's head moved onto the mop of Devasya's brown hair. Taking a deep breath, Sona's hand moved towards his waist too.

"Now, you don't need to use blush"

"Huh?" Sona blinked lazily, looking at him.

Devasya smiled and said, "Now, you don't need to use any artificial blush, you are blushing your own natural red. And I aim to keep your cheeks like this the entire night."

Sona smiled and shook her head at him, " This is your slow huh?"

"Well, for a record, I didn't kiss you, that has to count for something" Devasya said cheekily, pulling her more towards him.

"Devasya, you are just too smart you know that"

"Oh, i know, that's why I married you" Devaysa said laughing.

Sona rolled her eyes at him and flicked his cheek, " Chal jhootha, ab taiyaar hone do naaaa"

Sona pushed him back and quickly finished her makeup. She put back all the things to their right places, took her clutch and wore her sandals. Looking up she noticed Devasya engrossed in his phone, tiptoeing towards him without making any sound, Sona peeked at his phone and saw a picture which made her heart hurt.

In a good way.

It was her picture, with her looking into the mirror while she was doing her makeup.

"Ahem" Devaysa coughed looking at his wife all starry eyed. Sona turned her eyes back to him and took his phone in her hand, turning on the camera, she set a timer of 5 seconds, she quickly asked Devaysa to pose for a mirror selfie. Devasya grinned deviously and took Sona by surprise when his hands landed straight on her bare waist. Sona's eyes widened, with her cheeks taking the cherry red colour again.

Click

Devaysa took his phone and ran straight towards the exit, laughing all the way.

"UGHH Devvvvvvvvv" Sona screamed at his back and quickly closed their room's door.

*****
A/N

Well, hello there :)

I am sorry for a late update, again 😫 butt i have my preboards from 12th of December and i have just gotten done with my term test too, so yeah.

Well, devasya looks to be in a romantic mood 😏 do tell me how you find the little scene 😂 i thought they were gonna kiss but Devasya apparently changed his mind lol 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyways, see you ( after a long gap i think because i have my 1st preboards from 12th then 2nd preboards from 20th of January and then in Feb i have my board exams and then i have to prepare for my neet too 😭😭😭 oh my god i am packed!!! I have attached my studying pic above lol 🤣🤣

Fun fact: this scene was the scene i wrote as a bonus in the beginning but abhi time nhi tha isliye isse modify kar diya 😂😂

Byeeeee. Love you all! Take care ❤️❤️