.eleven.

Devasya smiled looking at the delicate woman in his arms. Her hair was still wet from the shower, her eyes were closed in her own thoughts, her nose was scrunched up and she was biting her bottom lip. She looked beautiful, so pretty. Devaysa wished they had met sooner so he would have the chance to know her more.

"You know Sona when mom asked me to get married, I was absolutely against it. I didn't know if I would be able to handle the pressure of handling both the martial life and the professional world. Then you came stumbling into my life and day by day, moments added up to each other, efforts became habits and your existence into my life became something fixated in my life. Tu bas tu thi yaar, teri smile, teri aadatein, bas tu, didn't know when I even started liking you.

Par fir that old beliefs came back and laga ki nhi tujhe time nhi de paunga, fir tune mujhe galat proof kar diya. The way you gave suggestions to be on good terms with Mr.Batra, or the suggestions for good businesses techniques, or the way you always had a response to my question, Sona yaar, tu itni perfect kyu hai? Meri Joha, I don't know ki hum aage kya karenge but yaar ye zindagi tere saath bitnai hai. Tujhe freely touch karna, smile karna, tere saath rehna bas, yhi chahiye. Maybe someday we will be in love too but right now I want to give us a chance, I want to be more than friends, Joha"

Sona stared at him, her eyes blurry. She hugged him tight, nodding her head against his shoulder. "Yes, Dev. I want to. I want to give us a chance." Devasya smiled, running his hand through her hair.

"I like you too, so much." Sona murmured. Devasya sniffed slightly causing Sona to look at him with disbelief written all ober her feature.

"Why are you crying?! Rona roh mujhe chahiye na!" Sona jested, pitching up her voice slightly higher than normal.

Devasya smiled and said, " Sona, mujhe pata nhi tha ki i needed you in my life, but now that i have you i never want to go back to the colourless life,i have lived without you." Devasya finished off with kissing Sona's forehead. Sona smiled at him and stuffed her face back into his chest. Devasya turned off the lights and pushed the blanket up to their chins.

*****

Sona frowned on hearing her phone ring, she pulled back from the tight grip Devasya had on her and took her phone on one hand and closed the door back to let Devasya sleep some more. She opened her phone to see missed call from her mom, she quickly opened her whatsapp and saw the countless number of messages her mother had left. Reading through all of them, Sona gathered that tomorrow is her cousin's sagai and she and Devasya has been invited. She sighed. One more task to do. Uff.

Moving towards the dining room, Sona noticed the quietness of the house, it was 4 pm in the evening. Devasya's parents must be sleeping right now, they usually sleep for 1-2 hours in afternoon. Sona moved towards the pan kept on slab of kitchen and started making herself some tea. But before she could continue, two arms wrapped themselves around her waist tightly. Devasya nuzzled her neck adorably and placed a kiss on her neck.

"Whatcha doing, Joha?"

"Nothing much, Just making tea, aapke liye banau?" Sona asked turning back to look at him.

Devasya nodded in a yes and continued hugging her from behind. Moments like these, full of solace and a sweet quietness, makes Sona happy. Just existing with your partner without having any worries is bliss.

Remembering her mother's messages, Sona leaned back on Devasya's chest and said, " My cousin Mahi's engagement is tomorrow. We are invited"

"Oh? Then we will go" Sona smiled at Devasya's indifference towards everything and anything. He was so chill most of the time, Sona wished she had that too.

****

A/N

Shortest update of the entire story 🫢 i am sorry for having been gone for so long but my school is killing me.

Love and gratitude.