.six.

Sona wiped her clammy forehead off sweat. She tucked the few strands of hair that has escaped her bun, behind her ear. She moved towards the drawer in the corner of the kitchen and plucked out a un-used lunch box waiting there. Bringing it over towards the slab of the kitchen, she quickly started arranging the lunch box. She started from the last box, filling it with rice, then moving onto the second box, she kept three-aluminium foiled- rotis in the container. She then quickly kept the loki sabji in one box, and sabji of karela in the other and some masur daal in the the last empty container. Foiling some pieces of salad, she stuffed it inside the box. Finally, closing it with a thud she looked up towards the clock, noticing that she has been working for close to 1 and a half hour in the kitchen. It was 5:00 right now, in the morning.

Sona dusted off her hands, moving towards their room. Seeing Devasya sleeping soundly, she plucked up her phone from the table and quickly set up an alarm of 5:02 am. The thing she did on the first day after their wedding has quickly became their routine. Now if she was up before Devasya anytime she would wake him up with the clapping ringtone from her phone. Sona smiled when Devasya frowned and rolled onto her side of bed, grumbling. "Devasyaaaaaaaaaaa" Sona whined loudly, knowing that he hates hearing loud sounds while sleeping.

"What Sona?" Devasya said, almost sleepily. "Wake up, Devasya. You have your train in less than 2 hours." Sona chirped, moving around to take out clothes for her own shower, she had a posting at 9 am today. Devasya blinked sleepily. Devasya nodded his head slowly and sat up on the bed while his head still continued hanging down from sleep.

The thud of the bathroom door closing jolted Devasya from his sleep. He sat up abruptly and looked at the clock on the wall. He has to catch a train. Right. He has to get up for that. Right. He has to go now. Right. He should sleep for 5 minutes more, it wouldn't hurt. Right. Finishing the inner monologue inside his head, Devasya rolled right back onto his bed and in a matters of seconds, drifted right back into his dreamless sleep.

Sona closed the bathroom door behind her, still wringing her hair of excess water. Standing infront of a mirror, she quickly pulled her hair back and held them back with a cletcher. "Devasya!" Sona shouted, thinking that he might have gone to check onto his files and necessary papers he has to carry with him. Or he may have been doing his daily exercise.

To her extreme shock, Devasya's voice came from under the covers. Sona turned suddenly, and her eyes widened with shock and barely concealed worry. "Fuck" Sona cursed softly and swiftly moved towards Devasya to shake him up from his goddamn sleep. "Oh my God Devaysa, what's wrong with you! Wake up!" Sona continued to shake him up like an earthquake was coming.

Devasya scrambled ahead and looked at Sona and then at the wall clock.

Shit. Fuck. Shit. What the fuck.

"Sonaaaaaa why didn't you wake me up!" Devasya stood up hastily and rushed to take his clothes from the bedside table. Sona gaped at him and said, "What do you mean I didn't wake you up!" Devasya turned around and looked at her with barely contained anger. "You said yesterday that you will wake me up and that I shouldn't set an alarm on my phone! Now look what happened, God I should have just set a fucking alarm on my own phone" Devasya said narrowing his eyes at Sona.

Sona's eyes misted over, she could barely see Devasya. A blurred image of him with his crossed arms remained infront of her tear filled eyes. She took a deep breath, deciding the fight is not worth it. Devasya will get late if they ended up continuing this conversation, moreover she has her own posting. She also has to create some reports before going. So, she wiped her eyes with her sleeves.

"Alright, you should go shower right now. And you can take all what you want at your own fucking speed.I am going to the cafe two blocks over, Lock the doors before going." Sona quickly took a comb from the mirror table and combed her hair. Devasya shook his head at her and went inside the shower. Sona looked at the door with the combination of both anger and sadness.She shook her head and took her purse and bag.

Devaysa came out of the shower and quickly wore his clothes. He took his bag from the floor and moved towards the kitchen to see if there was something to eat. He took a quick glance around and saw a casserole lying on the dinner table. He quickly opened it, only to be see the water vapour lining the outside of it and the freshly prepared rotis inside it. He smiled and took a look around to see if some aachar or sabji was there too, he found loki sabji. He sat down to eat the food.

Devasya speedily kept his phone, charger, laptop charger, tablet charger, his shaving kit inside the small pouch that Sona brought from the market. He took the bag and stood at the door, but a quick look back stopped him from going. A paper kept at the kitchen slab turned his attention towards it. He moved forward to read it.

"Devasya, This is the lunch I cooked this morning for you. Take it. Travel safely, please and have a good meeting. Take care. Bye"

Devasya frowned reading it and the guilt briskly climbed up to his throat. Shit man. He shook his head and took a pen and paper and wrote his own greetings before shaking his head sadly at his morning antics. He moved towards the door and locked it. He sat in the cab he called for and looked at the two story building infront of him, devoid of anyone to wish him good luck. maybe Sona would have still been here to wish him luck, had he not spoiled her entire morning. He sighed and asked the driver to move ahead. The driver picked up the pace and rounded the corner. Devaysa kept his eyes on the window seeing the world go past him.

*********

Hiiii guysssssss. Sorry for no update for over a month! I have my exams going on. Anyways, do make my day better with something sweet you wanna tell me. Also, ik this is a short update but it izzz what it izzz, but on a srs notes, I genuinely do not have time, i am sorry :/

Alsooo, what do you think Devaysa wrote for Sona?????

Fun fact: i thought that Sona was going to hug Devasya when he would be going away but see what Devasya did here, I really wanted to make them hug but Devaysa ruined it 😒

Thank you for 630+ reads, love you guys! ❤️