Chapter 31 (Pipers POV)

I give in because of how weak Alex makes me. I embrace her tightly after the kiss.

My head hides in the crook of her neck. Guards are heard walking past the door.

I sigh and pull away, Alex takes her thumb and gently wipes away at the tears in my eyes. I lightly chuckle in embarrassment.

I bows my head and look at her hand, taking it in my own I give it a firm squeeze.

We walk out together, and just talk about stupid little stuff. At certain times were both quiet, but its not an awkward quiet. Its a comfortable one.

Not saying anything, we go into the dorm and see people coughing and sneezing.

"Don't tell me a colds going around!" I say, but already know the answer.

Alex cracks up laughing but I scurry to my cube.

Red lays on her bunk looking pale.

"Shit!" I exclaim.

I grab 2 pads and 4 hair ties. I take one pad, making small holes with my nails in them. I make a knot on the end of each of the rubber bands and stick one in each side, repeating the process on the next one.

Alex watches quietly. I hand her one after Im done. She holds it and looks unsure of what to do with it.

I demonstrate the meaning of it by wearing it as a mask, covering my nose and mouth.

Alex laughs and throws it on my bunk.

"Laugh now, but don't complain when your sick!" I yell as she walks away.

I shake my head and look at Red. I hand her one of her noodle containers after I go make it for her.

She nods great fully.

****

Days later, Im the one laughing at Alex.

She is curled up on her bunk, paler than usual.

"Oh shut up." She says weakly.

I sit by her feet and put my hand on her leg, rubbing small and soothing circles.

She gives a small smile.

"Need anything?" I ask quietly while smiling.

"Can you hand me my tissues please?" Alex asks me.

I take the pack of them and hand them to her.

The illness has been going around for 3 days now. But I have proudly not gotten sick yet.

Knock on wood of course.

****

Me and Alex talk about things like how the real world keeps changing and things.

Alex has fully recovered and looks like her normal sexy self.

But then the most unbelievable thing in the world happens.

"Ahcooooooo!" I sneeze.

Me and Alex look at each other in shock.

"Shit."

Alex laughs at my response.