☀︎︎ That Was Rhetorical ☀︎︎

ARES RUSSO

ARES RUSSO

It's as if I didn't say anything.

"I don't care, I was bored." She walked past me and looked around at all the festival activities.

I walk to her and place my hands on her hips. "Promise you'll try to have fun?"

She rolled her eyes and didn't say anything. I let her go and silently cursed the fuck out of her in my head. I smiled and walked after her.

We walked in silence until I saw a paintball festival game. You shoot the bottles with the paint ball gun. I grab her arm and nod my head to the game. We walk there and I let go of her hand and pay for her. I hand her the gun and stand behind her. I show her how to hold it and step back telling her to shoot. She got none of them, technically only one but it was grazing the bottle.

"It's not for everyone." I pass by her and hand another payment to use the gun for my turn. I felt the recoil of the gun and its pretty powerful. I hit most and some of them I missed. I smiled as I put the gun down. She pushes past me and reloads the gun. She takes her aim and shot every single one, not one missed and they all aligned.

I'm impressed. The game keeper is impressed. He hands her this big pink teddy and she holds it away from herself.

"What the fuck is this?" She looks at it in disgust and I chuckle at her.

"Tesoro, you got it as a prize." I take the bear and look at it.

"It's fucking ugly." She attested and walked away. I followed after her and we came across the the actual paint ball arena.

"Come on." I grab her hand once again and we get in line for the paint ball. The man attends to us and he hands us each a vest and a loaded gun. We have three other opponents.

The games begin. We crouch down behind the tires and look around them. She points her gun behind me and shoots someone. They had their gun pointing at me. She crawls away and goes to the other tires. She jerks her head to the back and I get the signal, attack.

We draw our guns and start shooting at the couple who was advancing towards us. There's only three people left. Excluding us. She stands up and walks, like walks. Is she crazy? She looks behind a tire and shot someone. Her head snaps up and it happens all too quickly.

I feel a bullet hit my torso and another hit my arm, when I look up the couple that shot me was already shot by Lorelai. Which makes us the winner. When we were giving the guns and dress back, they were congratulating us and one said we look good together. I gave them a great smile and thanked them. They moved on and we went on to the other games.

I could see she was having fun. She was participating in most of the games. We had fun together and even went down the color drive. It's a long road with people standing on the sidelines, each has a bucket or two of paint and they throw it at the people running down the drive. She refused at first and refused a second but the third time, I didn't ask. I wrapped my hand around her abdomen and ran down the drive. She buried her face in her hands and mumbled about being an asshole. I ignored her. They threw all different types of colors; red, pink, orange, brown, yellow, green, blue, cyan, turquoise, indigo, violet, magenta etc.