☀︎︎ We're dead ☀︎︎

ARES RUSSO

ARES RUSSO

What was that suppose to mean? I don't understand her. How can that person be me but she still tried to kill me?

I look up to the ceiling and sigh before looking back to her.

"So you put me first? Killing me is doing that?"

"I gave you two choices, you knew the consequences for both. You chose to stay and therefore there will be consequences. If you had been anyone else, I would've just opened the door."

"So what now?" I pocket my hands and shrug. "We have established that neither of us were spying on the other, what happens now?"

"We find out who and why." She takes a bite of her sandwich.

"My father gave me my envelope and told me about everything that you do." I took the other half of her sandwich and took a bite out of it.

"Son of a bitch." She cursed under her breath. "He was probably working with Derek."

"But why? What does he gain from-- "

"His legacy." She puts the sandwich down. "That's what the whole legacy talk was about. He still wants Phoenix to be great."

"I do too but exposing your secrets won't get me to be great." I argued. He went through alot of trouble trying to find Lorelai's secret. I mean, Melaina is pretty secretive and no one knows anything about her because she's so new. Whereas Phoenix has been around for two hundred years.

"Do you love me?" She asked and I replied yes without hesitating. "There's your problem."

"That I love you? I'm pretty sure he would've done the same to Jessica because we-- " I stopped myself before I spilled too much.

"Whose Jessica?" She asked and I saw her grip tightly her plate.

"Just someone." I replied with what I thought a careless shrug. She narrowed her eyes at me and walked backwards till her hand was in reach for the knives stuck in the wall.

"Who is Jessica?" She asked with a tug of the knife behind her.

I forgot that she wouldn't remember Jessica because they met once.

"Remember when I said I've never had a girlfriend?" I asked slowly.

"Good to fucking know!" She threw the knife at me and luckily there was space for me to duck and dodge the knifes. She ran upstairs and I knew what she was going to do with the knife in her hand.