☀︎︎ He's Dead ☀︎︎

ARES RUSSO

ARES RUSSO

I hung up on the call with my father. He called to tell me that I should get my head out of my ass and get rid of her before she leaks the information.

Lorelai wouldn't do that because I would leak hers. If I had that information. Which I don't. I don't even have proof besides my eyes and memory. Otherwise it would be her word against mine.

I get out of the car and walk to the elevator that takes me to the first floor. I have no idea why I'm here but I need answers. My gun slightly tucked behind my back and my coffee in my hand. I took long strides past the front desk.

I entered the next elevator and pressed the button to her apartment. Surprised to see it working. She's probably up there right now.

"You are so fucking gullible." Her voice boomed in the elevator.

"Gorgeous, gorgeous Lorelai, did you miss me?" I smiled at the camera.

"I missed my shot to kill you, yes."

"Your aims as bad as your ability to empathize."

"I'm crying a fucking river." She wailed. I could hear the amusement in her voice and I'm glad we're atleast able to joke with each other.

"So what now?" I placed the coffee on the ground.

"For some weird reason, I'm giving you an ultimatum."

"Hm? I'm intrigued."

"In my apartment-- "

"That I told you not to go back to again." I was slightly angry that she went back but given the circumstances, she only had here.

"There is a ticket," she continued, "for a train ride to DC, where there you'll get on the next plane ride to Canada. Leave before morning sun rises again tomorrow. I never want to see you again, I never want to hear of Phoenix in New York ever again."

"And if I don't take it?"

"I'll open the elevator doors where you'll meet your demise. Choose wisely."

"Fine." I exhale and rub tension away from my forehead.

"You'll leave?" She sounded surprised.

"No, I'd rather die by your hands than leave you willingly." My heart stopped when I heard silence. I couldn't bear to think she would actually do it.