☂︎ I'll Handle Bail ☂︎

LORELAI CAMPBELL

LORELAI CAMPBELL

Mei helps me make with the tea before sitting down with Ares. Mei is partly deaf so she wouldn't know that you can hear whatever is going on in the living room from the kitchen.

"So, why you glowing so much?"

"I'm happy." He sounded happy. I stirred the tea cups filled with orange tea. I set all three tea cups down on a tray and walk to the living room with it.

"We have to leave soon." I say to Mei as I sit on the other side of Ares. He nods his head and grasps Mei's hand in his.

"We've had an eventful evening so I just wanted to see you before we get busy again." She nods her head in understanding and while we're talking and sipping on our teas, my mind nags me to tell Ares.

Luigi could possibly be dead or someone could've taken him to the hospital. A bomb blows up pretty well and I placed in the foyer where he had been laying.

Ares would be devastated to hear that I took part in it and didn't tell him. That's why he should hear it from me. But I have no idea how to come about that conversation.

Mei allowed us to use her showers and got something for each of us in her closet. Or garage. Either one. She got me a pair of really stylish jeans that didn't fit around my waist but we made it work, and a brown sweater with tennis shoes. She gave him a F1 racer tracksuit that used to belong to her son.

We said our goodbyes to her and left to the car. I stopped him on the way and he looked back at me.

"Yes, gorgeous?" A ghost smile danced on his lips. His eyes were shining in happiness and content that I couldn't possibly do it. After we meet up with everyone, then I'll tell him.

"I need to tell you something but I'll tell you when we're alone." And not infront of your friends.

"Are you okay?" He frowned. The smile goes and replaced with a worry full pout.

I just nod my head gingerly and kiss his pouty lips. I don't want to tell him but I have to.

"Dom said he'll meet us by the diner on 7th Avenue." Stefanos voice was clipped and serious. He immediately went into drive and drove us out of there. I placed my head on Ares' shoulder while he wrapped his arms around my frame. He kissed my cheek and somewhere on the ride, I fell asleep.

Ares gently woke me up and told me that we had arrived. We walked into the store with Ares' hand clasping mine. So in fact, we were not holding hands. He was holding mine. And I still did not like it.