☂︎ It Hurt My Heart ☂︎

LORELAI CAMPBELL

LORELAI CAMPBELL

As I sit by the windowsill and watch the raindrops fall, I think of how the sun is still peaking throughout it all.

He was the sunshine peaking through my rainstorm. He wasn't suppose to be there, this was a solo act but somehow he got tangled in and never left. Now I know why.

I look to my left and pick up the envelope of photos. Photos of Ares and Derek meeting and exchanging papers. A flash drive pops out but I've already seen it. It's even more proof of Ares collecting information on me for his father. I thought we both were in this together but it seems he's a daddy's boy and a mommy's baby. He used me to please them, he used what Derek knows and he manipulated everything.

Just when you thought you had someone wrapped around your thumb. They throw you for a loop and still think you'd be into them.

I had to kill him because if he leaked my identity, I'd be dead alot quicker. Death by most of the rings that went out of business because of me. They deserve it.

Ares didn't know who he was messing with. I wasn't about to let that man destroy everything I had done. Beside avoiding death, my company would fall to pieces if they found out that the CEO was involved in assassination and murder.

So maybe it is for the better that he's gone.

"Lory." Raeni called out gently and I turned my head away from the window.

"Yes?"

I've made an effort to atleast be nice to Rae since she deserves a better friend.

"Derek's family is coming over for a funeral and I told them I'd cover everything. I'm going to run some errands, okay?" She points to the door and types something on her phone.

"Do you want me to come with?" I ask her and she visibly freezes. Her head turns to me and she gulps nervously.

"Are you sure you want to? It's a lot and I'll be running up and down. I know you wont-- "

"You don't know what I will or will not do, let me help." It was weird begging her to help but I was prepared to try.

I know it was weird for her because she slowly said yes before she started rambling about the things she'd have to do. Turns out the funeral is tomorrow and she just needs a casket, flowers, food and a choir.

We visited the local church to ask if they could sing for him and they shared their condolences. I handled the flowers while Rae handled food. I was a bit hesitant because Derek wasn't a nice person but if Rae wanted to send him off well, I'll help her. Anything for her. And she was quite surprised to see me co-operating and thanked me. I gave her the closest hug ever.