two

࿔*:・two ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

TW : panic attack and past trauma regarding sexual assault and mentions of blood

Carter gasped as her eyes shot open, a thin layer of sweat covering her body. Her chest heaved heavily as she looked around the room with slight panic. Only letting out a sigh of relief when she realised that it was all a dream. A very bad one.

She ran a hand through her hair, brushing them out of her face and turned to look at the alarm clock on her bedside. She closed her eyes as she saw the time. It was only 5:30 in the morning and school didn't start till 8, but Carter knew that she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep so she simply laid there for another hour.

But soon, even laying still didn't help and she decided that now would be a good time to unpack the rest of her stuff. There was still much to do for the room as she wanted to change the baby pink walls and get new bedsheets and covers. Carter decided that she'd go with Bella after school to get everything.

As soon as it hit 6:30, Carter got up and headed into the shower. She immediately felt her shoulders relax under the hot water and closed her eyes. However she couldn't keep them closed for long as the sneering face of Nathan Harper flashed before her eyes. She immediately shot her eyes open and turned off the shower.

She put her back against the cold tiled wall and slid down with her knees in front of her chest. She felt like she couldn't breathe, like someone was chocking her and didn't plan on letting go anytime soon. She clawed at her throat until her breath turned back to normal. The sounds of her quiet sobs echoed through the bathroom with no one there to listen to them except her. She could feel her warm tears on her tears as she was immediately sent back to that traumatic night.

Carter remembered the way she had begged him to stop, to go away but he never listened. And then it rained red, the thick dark substance surrounded her, it tainted her shirt as well as his. Having the blood spill from her face had caused her to scream loudly and she tried to kick him away but the pain was too much and the sight of so much blood all at once made her dizzy. The last thing she saw before her vision went completely black was Jayden's panicked expression as he broke down the door with Vera right behind him.

Carter shook her head, clearing the memories away and quickly got out of the shower. She wrapped her towel around her body and turned around so her back was facing the mirror. She slowly traced the tattoo that started right under her right shoulder and ended just above her waist.

The wounds on her body had healed and now there were only faded scars to remind her of the cruelty and torture she had suffered that night. She clenched her fists and left the bathroom before she broke the mirror again.

She stepped out of the bathroom and moved towards her closet, she took out a simple maroon button up shirt and paired it with black jeans and white sneakers. Her leather jacket was set out on the bed.

She turned to look at the time when she heard shuffling downstairs. 7:15, her dad was awake, she realised and quickly made her way out of her room and downstairs into the kitchen where her father stood in his uniform, he turned around to look at Carter and raised up his cup of coffee, "coffee?" He asked, already taking out another cup as Carter leaned against the kitchen counter.

She mouthed 'thank you' as the cup was slid towards her and she quickly caught it. Her father took a sip of his coffee, "you good? You look very tired."