forty

࿔*:・forty ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter frowned as she looked at Leah who stared at her book absentmindedly, not paying attention to anything else around her. Paul wrapped his arm around her neck and munched on a piece of fried chicken with his other hand. Carter glared at the boy as he chewed loudly and shrugged cluelessly, “What?” 

She sighed, elbowing his stomach and pushing him off herself, “you eat like an animal.” she muttered and he grinned, raising his eyebrows suggestively, “I do a lot of things like an animal.” 

Carter snorted, shaking her head as she got up from the couch and made her way towards Leah jumping into place next to her with a grin, “somethings bothering you… what?” she asked and Leah chuckled, shaking her head at Carter's lack of subtlety. 

Just as Leah was about to answer, the sound of a motorcycle interrupted them. The boys didn't waste a second, jumped out of their seats, and rushed outside. Leah scoffed, rolling her eyes as they heard Bella’s voice outside. Carter got up, following Leah outside, she paused, staring at the two girls as Jacob introduced Leah to her, “Bella this Leah Clearwater, Harry's daughter.” 

“Hey, I'm sorry about your dad,” Bella told Leah who seemed to ignore her words.

“If you're here to torture Jacob and Carter some more, feel free to leave,” she told her, stalking off towards the woods. Carter sighed, leaning towards Paul to peck his lips quickly before she followed after Leah. 

Bella watched as Leah shifted, running off into the woods with Carter behind her. 

They ran in the woods for a while, ‘what was that about?’ Carter asked as Leah ran ahead of her.

‘What was what?’ she asked and Carter sighed, “you snapped at Bella.’ Carter replied though she guessed she already knew what it was about. 

The older girl didn't bother replying and instead ran faster, but Carter wasn't going to let her escape. 

‘Leah, stop.’ she ordered, not running after her anymore. Leah huffed loudly, turning around to glare at her but she stopped nonetheless. 

‘Talk to me? Please?’ she asked and Leah let out another huff, she turned around and slowly trudged over towards Carter, ‘it's just that… I don't want Jacob to get hurt. I mean, the kids like a brother to me,’ she slumped down on the ground next to Carter and nuzzled her snout in her fur, ‘look at me, Sam and Emily… I get that he had no other choice but it doesn't make it hurt any less, the fact that he chose someone else over me. I love Emily, I do, she's my cousin after all but…’

Carter nudged her head with her snout, ‘I get it, you're worried about Jake but I think he's old enough to know what he wants… just trust him, he can handle it. Though I do think that the quicker he understands that Bella’s not gonna choose him, the easier it will be for all of us.’

Leah barked in agreement and the two decided to stay there for a little while more 

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter walked through the Swan residence, stopping every two steps as she focused on everything that was wrong with the house. It was just little things that seemed out of place and Carter knew that if someone was to come into the house, they wouldn't notice them, but Carter had been coming for so long she noticed them immediately.