seventeen

࿔*:・seventeen ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter chuckled as her dad cracked another lame joke as he sat on a chair next to her bed.

She was still in the hospital because the doctor wanted to make sure her broken arm would mend properly. During her conversation with Jasper the previous day, she had found out that Carlisle had drained her body entirely of the venom so she was in no danger of turning into a vampire.

Though, because of that she had lost a lot of blood. Carter still hadn't met Bella either though Charlie and Renee had come to visit the girl, Charlie thanked her profusely for taking care of Bella, Carter chuckled, "I don't think you can consider this taking care of her seeing as how we're both in the hospital." Charlie chuckled and patted the girl's hand lovingly.

Carter's attention was diverted from her dad when she heard the door open. She grinned at the sight of Jake and Billy, her eyebrows rose in confusion at the sight of Sam standing behind the pair. Jake pushed Billy's wheelchair forward and Carter greeted him enthusiastically. Jake bent down to hug her tightly before Sam stepped forward.

"Carter you remember Sam from the bonfire?" Billy asked and Carter nodded her head, "he was giving us a ride home, I hope you don't mind him being here." Billy continued. Carter shook her head, "Oh no. Not at all." She smiled.

"How're you doing now?" Sam asked and Carter smiled, "A lot better than before."

Sam awkwardly brought out a bouquet of yellow roses and handed them to Carter, "These are a little "get well soon" gift for you." He smiled.

Carter grabbed them, bringing them up to her nose and smelling them before she smiled, "They're beautiful. Thank you, Sam." She gave them to her dad who put them on her side table.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter fixed her lipstick slightly as Rosalie played with her hair, fixing her curls carefully. She worked slowly, trying not to ruin Carter's dress. Carter's eyes shifted to Bella who sat in front of the mirror as Alice fixed her makeup. She winked at her, causing Bella to roll her eyes.

Alice clapped, "All done!" She cheered, helping Bella get up. Carter grimaced as she looked at Bella's dress but decided against saying anything, hoping to not hurt her friend's feelings. Carter felt extremely thankful that she did not have to wear any kind of cast.

As the group made their way downstairs, their eyes fell on Edward who stood next to Jack, waiting for Bella impatiently. Charlie got up from his seat, admiring his daughter.

Edward helped Bella down the stairs, "Alice lent it to me. It's the only thing that fits over the cast-"

"It's perfect," Edward reassured her as Carter stepped towards Jack who kissed her forehead. He passed her over to Emmet who smirked at her, playfully.

Rosalie had decided not to attend the prom and suggested that Emmet take Carter. So that's what they did. As everyone filed out, Charlie stopped Bella, whispering something to her.

Carter chuckled as Emmet led her to his car and opened the door for her, "oh my, what a gentleman!" Carter exclaimed, settling into the car. Emmet rolled his eyes before heading over to the driver's seat.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

As the pair reached the school, with Edward and Bella in tow, they got out and locked arms, heading inside. As they walked through the venue, Carter spotted Eric and Angela behind the DJ booth, both of them waving at her. She looked to her right, where Mike and Jessica stood together, posing for a picture. She also saw Theo and Vicky standing in a corner, drink in hand. She spotted Vicky wearing a suit and signalled at her, telling her she looked good.

Vicky winked at her.

Jasper and Alice waved at the two before Emmet pulled Carter to the dance floor. The two laughed loudly, before initiating a competition to see who came up with the most ridiculous dance step.

After about an hour of dancing, Carter excused herself to catch some air and headed outside into the courtyard. She sat down on the bench and watched as Edward and Bella danced a distance away from her. She smiled at them before closing her eyes and decided to enjoy the cold breeze of Forks.

"There you are, sweetheart." A familiar voice called and Carter opened her eyes to see Jacob. She grinned and rose an eyebrow in amusement, "sweetheart?" She asked and he simply shrugged in response before sitting next to her.

"I have a message for you. From my dad." He told her and she nodded for him to go on. Jake sighed heavily, "everything is going to change." He relied. Carter stared at him for a second before snorting. They both laughed at the message for a while before the two fell into silence.

As they enjoyed each other's presence in silence, Carter's head whipped to the side when she thought she spotted a flash of red disappear behind the window. She shrugged to herself, thinking she was imagining it.

"This is nice." She stated and Jake smiled.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
Yay she's alive! (Kinda.)
Anyways tadaaaa we're done with the first act and now I legit cannot wait for the pack.

Carter's relationship with the Cullen's is wayyyyy superior than Bellas.

The image up top is what i imagine Carter to be wearing.

Don't forget to comment or vote because ily guys.

Not edited.