twenty eight

࿔*:・twenty eight ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

She quickly buckled her seat belt and noticed that Paul hadn't started the car. She turned to give him a questioning glance only to catch him already staring at her.

Although he had been caught, he didn't look away. Carter tried her hardest to not blush. She cleared her throat, "Aren't we going?"

Paul didn't bother answering her, "You know, I just realized, we didn't formally introduce ourselves."

Carter chuckled, "You're right. We didn't." He put his hand out, "I'm Paul Lahote." He grinned.

Carter put her hand in his and unlike the first two times, she felt a spark fly between them as soon as their hands touched.

"I'm Carter Darvill." She smiled, shaking his hand.

Paul stared at her with a serious expression, "You know, you're very pretty, Carter Darvill." He complimented her, and the sound  of him saying her name caused pleasant shivers to run down her spine

She nodded at him, with an impressed expression, "well I didn't realise I was a mirror, Paul Lahote," she flirted, grinning up at him

He grinned, starting up the car and reversing.

They stayed quiet for a while as they headed to Sam and Emily's before Paul clicked his tongue.

"So," he started, "you're my imprint..." he stated the obvious and Carter nodded slowly, "and you're mine." She smiled.

Paul chuckled, "Yeah. I think this is the first time an imprint bond has gone both ways." He told her, "So how do you wanna go about it?"

Carter hesitated, playing with a piece of her hair, "I'm gonna be honest Paul, my last relationship wasn't exactly the best. I mean, he was the one who gave me these," she pointed towards the scars on her arms and face.

Paul's face contorted in rage, "I think 'not the best' is an understatement, Carter." He growled, thinking about how someone could harm the girl next to him like that.

She chuckled bitterly, agreeing with the man, "So you can understand why I'm not exactly jumping at the idea of another relationship." She told him and Paul shook his head, "Well, Carter you know I would never do anything to harm you, right?"

She nodded, "I know, Paul. Believe me, if the imprint bond made one thing clear it was that you and I would be very happy together."

Paul reminded silent, "But I don't know you as well as I would like to know you."

He nodded, her reasons were... well, reasonable. She grinned, "Plus a little birdie told me that you, pretty boy, happen to be extremely short-tempered." She chuckled as Paul cringed at the small fact.