twenty six

࿔*:・twenty six ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Jack looked at Carter anxiously as he sped up the car. The girl shuffled uneasily, her hands reaching out to turn on the AC.

"Where are we going?" She mumbled as swear gathered on her forehead.

Jack sighed, "To Billy's" he mumbled quietly as Carter once again turned up the AC, "god, why is it so hot?" She mumbled, shuffling around.

"Just a few more minutes, honey," Jack mumbled, stepping on the accelerator. Carter shook her head as the sound of the car engine seemed to grow louder. She groaned loudly, "Dad why is the car so loud?" She questioned, trying to cover her ears. She screwed her eyes shut as the sound continued to grow louder.

She groaned loudly, annoyed at the sensation. She shook her head, gasping as she continued to grow more sweaty, "Make it stop." She begged.

Jack let out a sigh of relief and his shoulders relaxed as the Black's house came into view.

Billy stood on the porch along with three more people. Carter could make out Sam's figure. He looked anxious as he waited for them. Next to him stood Jared, who bounced on his feet nervously. Carter's eyes landed on the man next to Jared. His arms were crossed and he looked slightly bored, which only angered Carter more. That must have been Paul

Before she could do anything, Jack opened the passenger side door and pulled her out of the car.

She rolled her eyes as he pulled her towards the house.

"Dad it's like almost midnight. What are we doing here?" She gritted her teeth as he continued to pull her along without answering.

As they reached the porch, she finally managed to pull her wrist out of his grip, "Hey! I'm not a toy you know." She growled, coming to a stop. Her dad shot her an apologetic look before turning to face Billy.

He nodded at the cop, "Take her around the back. Jake's not home so we'll be fine." Billy told them and Jack nodded, putting his hand on her back and pushing her in that direction.

Sam followed them. His face was grave as Carter looked between them confused, "What's happening?" She gasped, clutching her chest.

"Jack..." Sam warned as Carter collapsed to her knees, gasping for air.

Jack stepped away from her as she shot him a confused glance, "It's alright honey. The first transformation is often painful."