six

࿔*:・six ࿔*:・

TW : car accident

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter sighed, relieved that the weekend was finally starting as she exited the History class with Jasper, both of them laughing about Hunter Russell falling asleep in class causing Mrs Johnson to hit him on the forehead with a chalk.

For some reason, Alice wasn't in school today and Jasper had been extremely vague about where she was, so Carter let it go.

She waved at the blond boy and parted ways with him as they reached the parking lot, she stood behind Bella's truck, waiting for the girl as she put her stuff away in her bag when suddenly, someone yanked her arm causing her to turn around to be faced with a frantic looking Bella.

"He's here," she mumbled, out of breath and barely audible, Carter shook her head in confusion, "who's here?" She asked, pulling out her headphones so that she could clearly hear Bella.

"Edward." She answered, simply causing Carter to nod, "okay, cool." She nodded, "did you talk about something?" She asked, chuckling at how nervous Bella looked.

"We... talked," she muttered and Carter nodded for her to continue on, "about the weather." Bella finished causing Carter to stare at her before she let out laugh.

"About the weather? Bella, seriously?" She asked, "you've been going crazy about this guy for the past week Bella and you talk about the weather?"

Bella simply shrugged.

"Well did you ask him why he didn't come to school?" Carter asked once again, "he said he was out of town. Personal reasons."

Carter smirked at that, "I told you." She said in a singing voice causing Bella to roll her eyes and chuckle, "yeah, yeah."

Both the girls paused, "what else?" Carter asked, now curious about the copper haired boy. Bella shook her head, in deep thought, "I'm kind of confused," she stated, "the first time I saw him, he had black eyes, like pitch black." She explained causing Carter to nod at her once more, "but today he has like golden brown eyes, and I asked him if he got contacts and he got al defensive and said "it's the fluorescents." Like, what?" Bella questioned, doing a horrible impression of Edward.

Carter snorted, "congratulations Bella, you just creeped the shit out of him. The poor boy must've panicked." She answered, leaning against the truck.

Bella turned around to look at the Cullens who stood next to their cars.

She turned back to face Carter and just as she opened her mouth to speak a loud screech was heard.

It seemed like everything around them was happening in slow motion. Carter's eyes widened when she saw Tyler's black van speeding towards them. It seemed as though the air had been knocked out of her lungs and she saw her own life flash before her eyes for a second.

Move. She screamed at herself but it seemed to have no effect as she stood frozen in her place.

Move, Carter. Move. Fucking move Carter!

She snapped out of her trance quickly and saw the van nearing them, she turned to look at Bella who was still frozen in place. She won't be able to make it fast enough, Carter realised and made a quick decision.