twelve

࿔*:・twelve ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter still remembers the day her father told her the story of the Cold Ones. She thought that was all it was. A story. It turns out she was wrong. As soon as she sat with Bella in her truck that morning, the brunette confirmed her suspicions.

The Cullens were vampires. And now she had finally connected the dots. How they seemed to never eat anything, their cold skin and pale faces, almost as though they were dead. And their eyes. The same eyes she'd stare into every day.

She gripped Bella's hand tightly as the two sat in her truck, outside school processing what they had just heard.

"I'm gonna talk to him," Bella said, suddenly as she turned to look at Carter, "I'm gonna confront him."

Carter stared at her best friend uncertainly, "Bella, I don't know if that's safe, Bells." She told her, and Bella inhaled sharply, "Carter," she started, "if he wanted to hurt me, he would've done so already." She informed her.

Carter contemplated this for a moment before she silently nodded, and the two got out of her truck. She squeezed Bella's hand and made her way over towards Theo and Vicky, who both smiled at her as she joined them. Bella stayed near her truck, leaning against it as she waited for Edward.

Carter linked her arm with Vicky's and made her way towards the locker. She was in no hurry to get to class, so when the bell rang, she urged her friends to go on without her. She took her time, slowly bringing out her textbooks. Just as she closed the locker door, she jumped as a mop of blonde hair appeared by her side, and Jasper's golden eyes met her own.

Carter yelped, causing him to give her a wicked grin, and she reached forward to slap his shoulder, "Not funny, Jasper!" She complained as they both started walking down the hall.

They stayed quiet for a while as jasper silently observed her, "You know," he stated, causing her to turn to look at him in confusion, "what?" She asked, and Jasper sighed, "you know what I am," he cleared, and Carter paused, "Oh," she muttered, "yeah, I know," she finished, and they both came to a stop. She turned to face him as he did the same.

Jasper scratched his neck anxiously. "You don't hate me?" He asked, and Carter shook her head before shrugging, "So you're dead, Jasper. Big deal. That'll be me one day," she told him as they continued walking down the hallway.

"I'm dangerous, Carter. I could hurt you anytime I like," he shook his head, and Carter rolled her eyes, "but I'm still standing here, aren't I?" She retorted.

Jasper opened his mouth to reply but was cut off when the brunette in front of him gripped his arm tightly, "I wanna show you something," she muttered, "c'mon," she pulled him along. Jasper frowned in confusion as he stared at the back of her head. She pulled him out towards the parking lot and his car. He chuckled as they reached, and he pulled out the keys, handing them over to her before settling in the passenger seat.

Carter grinned as she started the car, and they pulled out of the parking lot.

"What do you wanna show me?" He asked, curious as to what she was up to. Carter grinned. "You'll see," she winked.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Jasper frowned as they pulled up in front of Carter's house, and she quickly got out of the car. "Your house?" Jasper questioned as he got out behind her.