twenty seven

࿔*:・twenty seven ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter let out a shocked laugh, "I'm sorry but what exactly are you on right now?" She exclaimed, pointing at herself.

"Me? The Red Wolf?" She started, "That's not possible." She declared.

"It's true though," Paul mumbled, nudging his head towards the mirror as he pulled her along. She followed him quickly. He made her stand in front of the mirror, moving away as she stared at herself, not sure what she was supposed to be looking for.

Suddenly her eyes glowed blood red, causing her to step away in surprise as she stared at herself, "Wha- how?" She whispered to herself.

Sam shook his head, "We don't know, if I'm being honest." He shrugged, "It's been a long time since a Red Wolf was born. There isn't much information about them if you don't know where to look."

Carter closed her eyes, as her head started spinning a little. She immediately recognized Paul's touch as he placed his hand on the small of her back, steadying her. She smiled at him gratefully.

Billy nodded slowly, "I can see this is a lot to take in. Why don't you rest tonight? Come over to Sam and Emily's house tomorrow. We'll explain everything there." He reassured her.

She nodded quickly, liking the idea of getting some rest. It would help her wrap her head around the fact that she was a wolf.

Jack stood up quickly, shaking Billy and Sam's hands before he gave Sue a quick hug.

Carter turned to look at Paul. He gave her a gentle smile as he caressed her knuckles, the action immediately helping Carter call down a little.

He inhaled sharply, "Why don't I pick you up tomorrow? We'll have time to talk too. Is 3 good?" He offered and Carter smiled immediately, liking the idea, "I would love that." She whispered quietly.

He nodded, bringing her hand up as he placed a small kiss on the back of her hand causing Carter to stop breathing for a moment. She never thought someone could make her feel this way.

And here was this guy who she'd just met. And he was already taking her breath away. She grinned at him before Jack approached them. She pulled away, letting the two men talk as she walked over to Sue, giving the woman a quick hug and thanking her.

She smiled at Sam, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She nodded. Sam shook her hand, "I hope so." He replied.

She turned to look at Jack and Paul as he nodded along to something her father said.