thirty nine

࿔*:・thirty nine ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
Suggestive content *wink wonk*

Carter made it a point to not look at Paul as she glared at the blank wall in front of her. Leah had helped her change into a tanktop and now she sat with Carlisle in front of her as he checked up on her shoulder. The rest of her pack was spread around the room, watching in worry as Carter winced slightly when Carlisle touched her shoulder. 

Paul seemed to be burning holes through the back of her head and he had attempted to talk to her once he had calmed down with the help of some of Sam and Emily’s scolding. However, Carter was known to be petty and so she had simply ignored him. 

“Well,” Carlisle sighed, “it seems you didn't pop your shoulder back into place all the way,” he told her and she groaned. 

Carlisle patted her back sympathetically, “Don't worry, this will only take a second.” he smiled as he grabbed her arm. Carter stiffened, bracing herself for the pain which came just a second later along with a soft ‘pop’ sound. She groaned lowly, thankful that it didn't hurt more than it did before. 

“I'll wrap this up for you,” Carlisle told her, “you may be a supernatural being, but that doesn't mean you can go around messing this up even more. You'll need to rest for a few days,” he told her. 

Carter sighed in defeat, “Alright, fine. I guess I'm spending the weekend at home and in bed.” she smiled and Carlisle nodded, assured.

“I'll give you some pain meds too because this might hurt from time to time. Wolves don't heal the same way vampires do.” Carter nodded at the doctor and he quickly got to work, wrapping up her arm for her, “you can take this off in a few days.” he told her. 

Jack stepped forward as Carlisle began gathering his things, “let me walk you out.” her father offered as the two men walked out. The rest of the pack seemed to disperse almost immediately, everyone but Paul who sat a few feet away from her, “will you at least look at me?” he mumbled softly as Carter picked up her bag from the foot of the couch.

She sighed, stopping in her steps but didn't turn to face him, “I'll see you later.” she muttered, walking out of the house. 

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Abigail frowned in worry as she helped Carter onto the sofa and Carter huffed a laugh, “Mom, I'm fine!” she protested as Abigail pushed her to sit down, “seriously, I just dislocated my shoulder, and it's already healed, you know.” 

Abigail swatted her hand away as she fixed the blanket draped over Carter. Carter subtly rolled her eyes at her mother's smothering but Abigail seemed to notice as she glared at her daughter. 

Carter smiled sheepishly as Abigail got up and stood before her with her hands on her hips, “I understand that you have a duty to your tribe but can’t you be a little more careful?” she sighed. Carter groaned internally as her mother began to lecture her about being more careful and not ending up dead in some woods. 

After a short while, she stopped and looked at Carter uncertainly, “I heard you fought with Paul…” she mumbled and Carter scoffed, “It wasn't a fight, Paul was just being stupid that's all. He failed to see the bigger picture and that's not my fault.” she said. 

Abigail sighed, sitting near Carter's feet as she lovingly caressed her hair, “Maybe he was just worried…” Abigail sighed, “I understand his way of expressing his worries may not be the right one, but he's just a kid too Carter.” she smiled.