nine

࿔*:・nine ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

The next day, Carter felt more worn out than ever before. The brunette was barely able to get a good nights sleep considering the events that took place last night. And her father's consistent and loud snoring did not help.

However, Carter was extremely thankful to Bella who had come to pick her up in the morning. The girl had almost had a heart attack when she saw Carter's dishevelled appearance and tired eyes. They still had time before school started so she had quickly pulled the Quileute girl back inside the house and sat her down in front of her mirror.

Now, Bella herself wasn't a makeup expert, but both the girls somehow managed to put some concealer under Carter's eyes to make her seem less dead. Carter had also kept her sunglasses, "just incase." She had said when Bella threw her a questioning look.

Carter was barely able to make it through her morning classes without struggling to fall asleep. Jasper had caught her face with his hand right before she slammed it into her desk and Angela had to nudge her awake when Ms Jackson had asked her a question in physics.

Currently, she was walking towards the cafeteria with Bella, her eyes barely open and Bella had to keep her upright. As soon as they entered, Bella pushed her towards their now usual table, telling Carter that she'd get her lunch. Carter muttered a small 'thank you' before making her way over towards her friends.

She shot them a tired smile as Theo scooted to make space for her friend. Carter slumped in her seat and let her head slam on the table causing Angela to let out a little wince on her behalf. Her friends continued talking amongst themselves, occasionally looking at Carter to make sure she was alive.

Soon, Bella was back with her and Carter's lunch who finally looked up at Bella, "have I mentioned that I love you?" She asked Bella who grinned at her best friend, "you have now."

Carter nodded at that and picked up a slice of apple just as Eric jumped up on the table, "hey! La Push, baby. You in?" He asked once the pale girl also joined their group.

Bella raised her eyebrows at him, "should I know what that means?" She asked, confused.

"La Push beach down at the Quileute Rez," Carter explained to her and she nodded slowly.

"We're going tomorrow, there's a big swell coming in," Jessica told her, Carter raised her eyebrows. Who knew Jessica Stanley liked to surf.

Eric suddenly jumped up, posing as if he was surfing, "and I don't just surf the Internet." He stated as Mike joined him in standing up on the table. Carter rose an eyebrow at the two boys as Jessica rolled her eyes, "you stood up once," she scoffed, "on a foam board."

Angela ignored them, turning to Bella and Carter. She gripped Carter's hand and turned to look at Bella, "there's whale watching too, come with us." She pleaded with her two new friends.

"La Push, baby. It's La Push." Eric nodded as if he could hypnotise them into coming. Bella chuckled, picking up a piece of cucumber, "ok we'll come if you stop saying that alright." She said for the both of them.

Carter nodded before putting her head on Angela's shoulder and closing her eyes. Angela wrapped an arm around her shoulders and settled into a more comfortable position for her friend.