thirty two

࿔*:・thirty two ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

"It's been a week and he still hasn't called me back." Bella sighed, laying across Carter's bed while Carter sat with her back against the headboard. She closed her book, "his dad said he has mono. I'm sure he will when he feels better." Carter answered, resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"You haven't met him either?" Bella asked, turning to look at her and Carter gave her a sympathetic smile before shaking her head.

Now that was a blatant lie. Of course, she'd seen him. She was one of the people training him about how to control his powers. She had also been there when Sam had ordered him not to meet Bella for a while. They had to rush him out of the house before he shifted right there and then.

"Billy said it's better if we stay away for a while. We might catch it if we go to visit him." Carter mumbled.

She was also aware of how many times Bella had called Jacob in the last week, insisting to see him but neither Sam nor Carter had let him pick up the phone to talk to her. She was already in enough danger knowing about the Cullens even though they had left. And the pack wasn't about to risk putting her in even more danger.

In fact, Bella seemed to find her way towards danger quite easily on her own, in Carter's opinion.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter barged into Bella's room, not bothering to knock as glared at the girl who quickly sat up at the unexpected intrusion, "you went to visit Jacob?" Carter asked, "I thought Billy asked you to stay put."

"I was worried," Bella mumbled, "and I was right to be because he didn't exactly seem sick." She shrugged and Carter frowned, "What do you mean by that?" She asked.

She hadn't asked Sam for any details when he told her about Bella’s little visit to Jacob's place and instead, she'd decided to ask Bella herself.

"He was walking around in the rain... shirtless." She shook her head, "and that's not all. He, um, he knows..." she continued and Carter shook her head impatiently, waiting for her to finish, "knows what?"

"About the Cullens. Jacob knows about the Cullens." Of course, he knew about the Cullens, that was one of the first things that the pack had told him.

"That's impossible, Bella. Who would tell him?" She scoffed and Bella threw her hands up in frustration, "I don't know! I mean someone did, right?" Carter sighed heavily, this situation couldn't possibly get any worse.

Bella bit her nail, "why don't you ask your boyfriend?" She mumbled quietly and Carter frowned in confusion, "I'm sorry, what?" She asked and Bella simply glanced at her, "Paul," she clarified, "he was there when I went to meet Jacob. So was Sam... and Embry."

Scratch that, there was absolutely a way this could get worse.

Carter chuckled nervously, hoping it wasn't too obvious, but then again Bella didn't notice stuff so quickly, "well I'm not attached to his hip all the time. But I'll ask him. Don't expect me to find anything though." She nodded, she had to fix this as soon as possible.

Bella sighed loudly, sitting up in her bed as she played with her fingers, "Hey I wanted to go somewhere... think you can join me?" She asked.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter sighed as she got out of Bella's truck, she crossed her arms, staring at the trees in front of her, "When you told me you were going somewhere, I expected it to be a beach or a mall. Not the woods that our fathers have specifically told us not to go into."