twenty

࿔*:・twenty ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter sighed heavily as she stepped into Bella's bedroom. A week had passed since the Cullen's left and it didn't take Carter long to fall back into her routine. She still missed Jasper, but she wasn't going to let that affect her so much.

The same could not be said about Bella though as she sat and stared out of the window. Her brunette friend had taken the entire week off from school; which was also one of the reasons Carter was able to convince her dad to get her a car.

He'd bought a truck from Billy, exactly like Bella's only it was blue.

She dropped her bag on a chair in the corner of the room and dropped a few books on Bella's desk, "that's all the work we did this week." She mumbled, "Try not to fall behind." She fell onto Bella's bed and rubbed her eyes, trying not to yawn.

Her friend gave no indication to whether she heard Carter or not. "It's Friday," she informed her friend, "so I asked Charlie if I could stay the night." She paused, hoping that Bella would reply, but she didn't.

Carter nodded and held up a copy of 'Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse', she sighed, "I'm here if you wanna talk." She offered before she started reading.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter jolted awake when she felt the bed move violently, she had no idea what time it was and she couldn't see anything because of how dark it was. She quickly turned on the lamp and sighed heavily as she saw Bella thrash around in her sleep.

She had no idea when Bella joined her on the bed but she gently shook the girl's shoulder, hoping to wake her up. She tried a few times but the girl remained asleep, lost in her nightmares.

Carter flinched as Bella yelled loudly, she quickly shook her friend again. She grabbed Bella's face, "Bella." She said, trying to wake her up, "Bella!" She yelled. Her eyes snapped open, as she took in her surroundings. She studied Carter's face for a moment before closing her eyes and quickly tried to catch her breath.

The thudding of heavy footsteps was heard outside the room and Charlie barged in, eyes swollen from the lack of sleep he'd gotten the past week. Carter sighed, "Go back to sleep Uncle Charlie. I got this." She assured him. He hesitated, "you sure?" He questioned and she nodded, "it looks like you could use some sleep."

Charlie nodded silently and walked away. Carter sighed and put a hand on Bella's shoulder which caused the girl to flinch. "You've been having night terrors?" She frowned, "why didn't you tell me?"

Bella shrugged her hand away, "it's nothing. I'll be fine."

Carter scowled, "Bella." She said, "I'm trying to help you." She told her, "Why won't you let me?"

Bella closed her eyes and gripped her hair tightly, "I'm sorry, I am. I guess I just... miss him. " she mumbled.

Carter rubbed her shoulder, "I'm sure you do." She said, softly, "but you can't let that stop you from getting better."

Bella nodded, "You're right. Don't worry," she smiled, "I'll get better. Eventually." She whispered.

Carter smiled back, "and I will be there to help you through every step."

She turned to look at the clock on her bedside, "though I think we should sleep right now. I mean, it is 3 in the morning." She laughed. Bella grinned along with her before the two fell into bed.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Dear Jasper,

I don't even know why I'm writing this. I mean, you'll never even get to read this because I have no idea where you are. But even if I did, I don't think I would send it to you.

It's been two weeks since you all left. Bella is broken, she barely talks to anyone anymore. It's like she's fallen into a dark void where time doesn't matter. And quite frankly I don't know how to help her. It truly sucks having to see her go through all that.

But other than that, I guess I'm better now. Everyone keeps telling me how you all moved away because Carlisle got this huge job. But let's be real. That's not the real reason. I keep thinking about how this all could've played out differently. If it had you would still be here.

I miss you guys.

Love,
          Carter.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
This chap is super short but I thought it was necessary and now we will finally freaking get into Carter and Paul's story

I also made a twitter account thats supposed to be related to my wattpad story(ies) so make sure you check that out the link is in my bio.

Other than that sorry about the little chap hopefully the next ones will be longer

Don't forget to vote and comment because i love reading all y'alls comments
Mwah <3