seven

࿔*:・seven ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter yawned loudly, making her way down the stairs and into the kitchen where her dad stood with a cup of coffee in one hand and a newspaper in the other.

"Hey" Carter mumbled as she shifted around the kitchen, getting herself some milk for her cereal.

"Hi, sweetie," her dad replied, momentarily looking away from the newspaper and towards his daughter, "how ya feeling?" He asked.

Carter nodded, "I'm fine. The medicine helped me, slept like a baby." She told him before taking a spoonful of cereal.

"No dreams?" He asked, but Carter knew what he meant, no nightmares?

"No dreams." She replied. Jack nodded at that, quickly washing his cup in the sink before grabbing his car keys and walking over to Carter.

"I'll probably be a little late, there's been a lot of missing person reports down at the station." He informed her, coming to stand next to her, "what's your plan for today?" He asked.

"I'm going down to the Rez," she answered, "Jake's gonna pick me up later."

Jack nodded, "alright be careful, okay?"

"You too,"

He gave Carter a kiss on the forehead before heading out the front door.

Carter quickly finished her breakfast, and ran upstairs back in to her room. She paused in the doorway, admiring the newly painted walls, the mint green colour went perfectly with most of the things she owned and the forest outside of her large window was also made more prominent.

There were fairy lights hung above the bed and books scattered everywhere. Polaroids were stuck to the bedpost and across her desk, all showing pictures of her and her friends back in Wisconsin, along with pictures with her new friends.

She smiled at them slightly before going into the bathroom to change. She chose to wear a casual dark green sweater and black jeans along with her converse.

She applied a little bit of tint and mascara just as she heard a car horn outside. She quickly gathered her things and left.

She locked the front door and turned to see Jake leaning against the car door with his arms crossed. He gave her a big grin, "hey," he greeted, meeting her halfway and taking her bag from her. He put it in the backseat as Carter settled into the front, quickly tying her shoe laces.

"Hi," she replied as she put on her seatbelt, "so, where are we going today?" She asked.

Jake wiggled his eyebrows at her, causing her to let out a snort before he continued, "we," he started up the car, "are going on a totally platonic," he put his hands on the dashboard, doing a drumroll, "picnic date." He smiled.

Carter rose her eyebrows at the younger boy, failing to control her laughter before nodding, "alright, Mr Black, lead the way." She joked, spotting a large picnic basket in the back seat along with her bag.

"So where's this picnic gonna be?" Carter asked as Jacob started driving back to the Reservation, "you remember that cliff we used to jump off of?" He asked and Carter nodded, remembering the rare time Jacob would take her cliff diving.