eighteen

࿔*:・eighteen ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter gasped as she heard the leaves crunch beneath her feet, her eyes darted across the many trees she was not able to see in the dark. A low growl ripped through the air causing her to whip her head around for the source of the sound. Carter backed away slowly as a pair of red glowing eyes appeared in front of her, staring right into her soul. The creature snarled lowly, stalking towards the girl causing her to back away in a hurry.

She screamed as it lunged towards her. The sight of grey fur was the last thing she saw before everything went black.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter's eyes shot open as she tried to grasp onto reality, her breath short and forehead covered in sweat. She heard a thudding of footsteps and sat up in bed.

She rested her elbows on her knees, covering her eyes with her hands. She looked up as her dad cracked the door open, "everything good?" He asked and Carter nodded, "Just a nightmare." She reassured him.

"Damn, kiddo, you had me worried there. Thought someone was mugging you." He snorted and Carter gave him a half smile. She groaned, falling back in her bed and letting her arm drape over her eyes, "gosh, that stupid wolf won't let me sleep." She mumbled quietly.

She didn't notice her dad go completely still, "what wolf?" He asked curiously.

Carter groaned, "I keep dreaming about this greyish wolf with like dark red eyes," she told him, "creepy." She shook her head. Jack stared at her, "Yeah. Creepy." He agreed, leaving the room without saying anything else.

Carter shook her head at her dad's strange behaviour before finally getting out of bed.

She checked her bag to make sure she had kept Bella's birthday gift before she started to get ready.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter grabbed her bag just as Bella honked, she hugged her dad, quickly leaving the house. Carter grinned as she opened the passenger side door and winked at Bella, "Happy birthday!" She cheered causing Bella to wince.

Bella gave her a timid smile as Carter climbed into the truck, hugging Bella before handing her the small box that contained her gift.

"No, I said no gifts!" Bella protested but Carter simply shrugged, "Too late, I bought that way before you said any such thing." Carter grinned.

Bella opened the box to reveal a small necklace with an emerald stone embedded in it. Bella shook her head, "no way I'm taking this-" she started, "Oh shush," Carter rolled her eyes, "I bought it a while ago, the refund policy has probably expired." She smiled. Carter didn't even know if that was a real thing.

Carter offered to help Bella put it on and the two brunettes admired it for a moment as they stared at it in the review mirror.

"I love it," Bella said, hugging Carter once more before reversing out of the driveway.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

As the two pulled into the school's parking lot, they could hear Eric call out their names. The two smiled as they rea hed their friends, "Today's the big day guys." Jessica spoke up, causing Bella to slow down.