twenty three

࿔*:・twenty three࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter chuckled at Theo and Vicky's banter as the three stood in the parking lot. She shook her head as the pair of twins tried to bring her into their argument.

She put her hands up, "Woah, woah, woah!" She exclaimed, "nuh uh. I'm not getting into this. No way." She mumbled, consistently shaking her head as she walked away from them, letting out a short laugh at their protests.

What she didn't expect, though, was to bump into Bella. She paused as the younger brunette stood in front of her, staring right at her. Carter raised her eyebrows, confused.

Just as she was about to speak, Bella spoke up, "You wanna go watch a movie with me?" She asked and Carter's eyes widened, she blanched, "Sorry?" Carter asked confusion and shock evident on her face.

Bella sighed as if it took a lot of courage to ask her best friend to go to the movies with her.

"Do you want to go watch a movie with me? Well, me and Jessica..." Bella clarified. Carter stared at her for a moment, hesitating.  "Um, sure..." she said.

Bella nodded, "Great. Can you pick me up at 8?" She asked and Carter nodded wordlessly, rage boiling inside her.

Who did Bella think she was? She'd ignored Carter for a good few months and now she was suddenly making plans with her. But she didn't question it.

As soon as Carter had nodded, Bella turned around, walking into the school building and Carter scoffed loudly, walking back towards Theo and Vicky. The two girls gaped at her, "What's up with her?" Vicky asked, nodding in Bella's direction.

Carter shook her head, "she wants to go watch a movie..."

Theo whipped her head towards Carter as if she couldn't believe the words that had just left her mouth.

"Well that's lovely," Vicky snorted, leaning against the truck.

Carter shook her head absentmindedly, "tell me about it." She muttered.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

"Hey honey," Jack called from the lounge, "I'll leave some money on the counter alright? I've got a late shift tonight." He told her but Carter simply shook her head.

"Oh, that's fine Dad. I'm going to the movies... with Bella." She informed him and Jack nodded, "Huh. Well, would you look at that? Bella's back." He laughed, getting up from the couch.

He approached Carter, kissing her forehead, "Well I'm leaving now. Make sure to lock the doors on your way out." He called and Carter nodded, "Yeah!" She replied.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Sitting in a movie theatre with Bella and Jessica watching a zombie movie was not how Carter imagined spending her Friday. There were a lot of different ways she thought this would go. But this wasn't one of them because Bella had once again zoned out. Not listening to anything Carter or Jessica said to her.

"I honestly don't know why you would want to sit through all those zombies eating people and no hot guys kissing anybody," Jessica muttered as the three stepped out of the theatre, "it's gross, I mean... why are there so many zombie movies anyway?" Carter snorted, for once agreeing with her.