thirty four

࿔*:・thirty four ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

“You didn't tell me you were a shifter.'' Carter paused in her steps as Bella came to stand by her. Carter rolled her eyes subtly, letting go of Paul's hand, and giving him a smile, “why don't you go ahead?” she asked with a smile. 

Paul smiled, pecking her lips once before he left her in the entrance and went to settle next to the rest of the pack, ‘I thought you'd have left by now,” Carter sighed, staring at her friend who simply looked down at her feet, “I wanted to talk to you before I left.” 

Carter scoffed, “well I'm not exactly going to go around announcing to everyone that I'm a werewolf,”  she retorted, “besides, I think you need to stop acting so entitled all the time. I don't owe any explanations about what I choose to share with you and what I don't.” she finished with a fake smile, moving past her into the house.

“No you're right, you don't owe me any explanations,” Bella replied, “but now I know, so don't you think you should answer some of my questions?” she asked. 

Carter stared at her in bewilderment before she scoffed, “You know, a normal fucking person would've fucking apologised for slapping me. Don't talk to me.” she spat, turning away from Bella, “I'm sure you can see yourself out.” she put it bluntly, not bothering to face her. 

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

The next day, Carter lounged at Sam’s place, waiting patiently for Jared and Jacob to get back from their patrol. Her legs rested in Paul's lap while she peacefully read her book. 

Guys. the redheads in the forest.’ Jacob's voice rang through her head and she quickly sat up on the couch, “Sam!” she called, and the man in question appeared from inside the kitchen, “it's Jacob. The redheads here.” she informed. 

Sam nodded gravely, “let's go then.” he huffed, quickly walking in Emily's direction, he kissed her deeply as Embry, Paul and Carter gathered outside. While they waited for their alpha, Carter moved behind a large enough tree and quickly undressed, she didn't want to rip any more clothes if she could help it. 

As Sam emerged from inside, the group shifted. 

As the wolves ran through the woods, Carter shuffled through Jacob's thoughts, checking where they currently were. She saw her friend chasing the familiar redhead through the woods, the place looked quite familiar and Carter soon realised that they were near the hiking trail. 

Sam, I found them.’ she called, immediately taking the lead as she navigated her way to her other two packmates. The girl flattered in her steps as the other two joined the pack, ‘where’s Victoria?’ Carter asked and Jacob barked. 

She outran us, I don't think she's gotten far.’ he answered and they immediately picked up their pace, trying to find her as soon as possible.

They continued to hunt her for a few minutes and it didn't take them long before they came across her. The sight in front of Carter almost made her heart drop. Victoria stood in front of them, holding Harry Clearwater by his neck, she was trying to choke the old man and Carter didn't hesitate before pouncing on the vampire. 

She pushed her off a small cliff and lunged after her. Victoria caught her balance soon enough, standing still as Carter growled at her dangerously. The rest of the wolves slowly surrounded her, all of them snarling lowly as Jacob flew at her, ready to bite. At the last moment, the vampire dodged skillfully before was off running again.