Chapter 9 - Breathless (Part 2)

Zander's POV:

"Hey, so I'm planning on running straight to the pack house after school, do you want me to wait for you after class?" Jax asked me through our mind link.

"Nah, I'm planning on taking the bus today, I'll meet you there. Dad says he needs to talk to us about something important but I'm sure it can wait the extra ten minutes."

"What? Are you serious? You haven't stepped foot on that bus since your first time. You can't seriously be that infatuated with the weak new human with the weird eyes, she's not even your mate Zander!"

My wolf snarled in outrage and tried to force a shift. I fought for control for a minute, but let a growl slip.

The best I could do was lower the volume so the humans wouldn't notice. To them it would sound like a phone vibrating, but I knew the other wolves in class knew exactly what was happening.

Within a second they all froze mid conversation. Their gaze instantly lowered to the floor and they all turned their heads to the side exposing their necks in submission.

This action helped calm my wolf down. The entire class went quiet. I knew they could feel the anger radiating off me in strong suffocating waves. Shadow was beyond furious.

My eyes shut tight as I took a few deep calming breaths. I only opened them once I knew my eyes weren't glowing with the eyes of my wolf.

"Shadow, what in the moon goddess was that all about?" I asked my wolf. Our wolves can hear our thoughts, as we can hear theirs. "You almost forced a shift in the middle of a class with humans!"

He snapped his teeth growling at me in protest clearly angry that Jax had insulted Alexa. Heck I was fuming, but it's odd that my wolf was also.

As an Alpha, he only cares about two things; our mate and the protection of our pack. Alphas are much more dominant and possessive than your average wolf, and are known for going on killing sprees if either their pack or their Luna is disrespected or in danger.

As far as I know Alexa wasn't our mate but clearly Shadow was a little confused. He seems to have taken a liking to her. Shadow's become restless lately since we've been waiting for our mate for two years now.

Man, it would be nice to finally touch Alexa, that way I can stop second guessing myself and finally get her out of my head.

"Sorry about that, get back to work." I mind linked my fellow wolves in class. Those in my pack would get the message but those who belonged to our neighbouring pack would just figure it out after watching the others. I watched as they all looked back at their desks and started writing.

"You're not ignoring me are you big brother?" Jax asked.

"No, I was too busy trying to fight off a shift in the middle of class. I even let a growl slip but managed to contain it last minute. All because you decided to insult Alexa!" I growled through our link.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry bro. That's not like you to lose control of your wolf. I had no idea Shadow was also taking a liking to her. I'll watch what I say until you see if there's sparks just in case she is your mate."

"I think that would be best. Meet you home soon." I said to Jax ending the mindlink.

The teacher cleared his throat. "Okay class, I'm not sure where all the sudden motivation has come from, but since you have all been quietly working I won't give you any home work today."

It was only then I realised how much I must have freaked everyone out earlier. No one had made a sound and everyone was working which never happened in our Biology class.