Chapter 98 - Maximus

Alexa's POV:

"Here is the soap. This shower lever controls the temperature and this one controls the pressure. I will arrange for some food and clothes to be sent up. Before I leave you to shower can I ask you one question?" I ask the little boy.

"Okay, since you're being so nice to me, I'll answer an easy one." The boy says with a guarded expression on his face. I knew he didn't trust me but I also felt he wanted to. 

"What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is.. Sumixam." I didn't miss the long pause and the way his eyes looked up to his right before he answered. 

Boys POV:

I may have only been five years old, but I had been through more than most teenagers. Trust was something I never had with anyone other than mum, for a good reason. 

When the Luna saw me and decided to help me, my heart did a little jump. It had been so long since someone cared enough to help me. She even got burnt by the silver that didn't effect me yet, just trying to undo the chains. 

There was something about this Luna that had me wanting to trust her. I wasn't a stupid kid though, so I gave her my name spelt backwards just as mum taught me. It was the only thing I could spell other than mum. I still had to focus on the spelling to say it right. I couldn't risk my name changing suddenly. That would only get me lashings for lying in the first place.

When the Luna left I turned on the water and played with the pressure until it was just right. I can't remember the last time I had warm water on me. They usually took us prisoners to a lake or river if we behaved ourselves.

When I was dry the Luna knocked on the door. I wrapped the huge soft towel around me so that all that was visible was my face. It was softer than anything I had ever owned. It covered my hair and dragged on the tiles as I walked.

I bent down to pick up the needle I managed to steal, and hid it in the towel. If I could just make it out of the front door I might have a chance to escape. 

"I hope you feel a little better, this here is my friend Ella. I hope you don't mind, I brought her to help in case you have any small injuries." The Luna said with a smile. Great, one extra person was harder to escape from, but not impossible.

The Luna made one mistake though. She approached me standing beside me and turned right to look at Ella who was by the bed. It was the perfect opportunity. I was the same height as her stomach so I held the needle tight and plunged it into her.

At the very last second the Luna moved her forearm to block her stomach.

"Alexa!" Ella screamed before the Luna put her hand up telling her to stay put. 

I took my chance after pressing the needle, and ran to the door still holding onto the towel. I turned the handle but the door wouldn't move. The Luna and Ella were watching me but neither of them came towards me. The lock wasn't on but it still didn't budge. 

"Alexa the baby-" Ella whispered with concern. At Ella's words I turned around. I knew the Luna moved her arm because she expected me to do something. Why not just step out of the way or grab my arm instead? She would have been faster and stronger than me with her wolf. It didn't make any sense.

"I don't understand. Why did you let me do that if you have a baby in your tummy? I wouldn't have.." I couldn't find the words to say as I realised I may have just killed a innocent pup. Worse an Alpha's pup. What I did was a death sentence.

"I know, It's okay little one. The wolfsbane will not kill my baby, that much I know. I wanted you to stop feeling so scared and see that no matter what, we won't hurt you. If not talking to my wolf for a while is the price to pay then so be it. Don't worry I had my walls up, so the Alpha would not feel anything."