Bonus Chapter - The Alpha's Saviour

This is a taste of book two in this series.

Trigger warning:
Throughout this book, particularly the first half, there is a lot of violence and some rape. I won't have warnings on all chapters as this is a darker book compared to my first. This is your warning. I apologise to anyone who is unable to read this, but hope to see you on my other books.

LunaGirl72

...

Blue's POV:

"Mummy! Mummy!"

I watched as a little girl with light blue hair and eyes full of life, came bouncing down the stairs running into her mothers embrace. The smell of fruit trees and wild flowers wafted through the cracked window leading to the backyard.

"Jaycee sweety, good morning!" Giggled her mother bringing her in for a big hug. There was something so familiar about her, that tugged at my heart. Although her large smile reached her eyes, the little girls smile dropped when she looked into her mother's unique white and rainbow coloured orbs. It was then she scanned the room and noticed the other two figures standing in the kitchen smiling at her.

A frown crossed her face as her expression turned calculating. A look that held so much knowledge way beyond her years. She only looked to be five years old.

"Daddy, aunty Alessia, why are you all smiling when you all feel so sad?" Jaycee said looking towards her father.

Her father cleared his throat uncomfortably, avoiding his daughters calculating eyes. He also looked familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was as if I was watching a movie unable to interfere or change the outcome.

"Umm, well.. it's always me who gets asked the hard questions." He mumbles while rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand. His eyes land on a piece of paper on the kitchen counter. "The truth is.. I'm just a little sad how fast your growing up, I can't believe it's your first day of school."

"You're feeling guilty now.." the little girl sighs dropping her shoulders, realising her father wasn't being completely truthful. "Is it because of this?" She said walking towards the piece of paper he had been eyeing.

Her aunty swiftly swiped it off the counter tucking it into her jean pocket before kneeling down to Jaycee's eye level.

"Aw, Aunty no fair!" She said crossing her arms with a cute little pout on her face. Her light blue eyes sparkled with unshed tears. I felt my own eyes beginning to water at the huge emotions this little girl felt and was capable of.

"Now, now.. no need for that face. The truth is.. sometimes adults have important things to worry about, that they want to protect their children from. Your parents being the Alpha and Luna of the pack, have more than most. If they don't always tell you the truth, it's only because they love and want to protect you. Now I want to see that happy face I love so much." Alessia said squeezing Jaycee's cheeks making her giggle.

Just as I began to smile, the world around me faded into darkness. A searing pain shot through my spine, my skin felt like it was on fire burning and stinging like a thousand sharp needles penetrating my hot wet flesh. My limbs were like lead and my eyelids were heavy. It took all of my willpower and strength to pry them open.

Most people would expect to be blinded by the warm morning sunlight streaming through a window, unfortunately I am not like most people.

"It was just a dream." I whisper to myself taking in the familiar surroundings of my cell. I am one of many trapped in my own form of hell. The ground is made of dark stone, cold and hard. It is uneven, slippery and filthy. A thin sheet is all I have that cushions me as I sleep. But that too is covered in my blood.