CHAPTER 3

・・・SOOBIN

"I want to go home already."

I whined to myself as I gripped the straps of my backpack. It was only morning but I hated school already, in fact, I just wanted to sleep or eat now. My first class is Physics with Professor Taehyung... I wonder why I am studying that.

As if I want to be a physicist. 

I was so tired of the party yesterday. I had to carry my drunk roommates back to our dorm. They even fucking puked on my bed! So, I had to bring my bed comforter to the laundry. And, guess what? I barely slept!

Or... because I also kept thinking about Cleopatra's daughter.

Of course, not!

I was one step away from turning a sea man and an ice man into a vampire yesterday. They were both snoring even! If these was any chance, I'd gladly change dorms. But... they were quite fun to be with too, not gonna lie.

"Get away from us!"

"You loser!"

"You should have died along with your parents."

What the fuck was that? I raised a brow and looked around. I am still in the school garden since I actually intended to be late today. Damn, was someone picking a fight again? Not far from me, I saw someone being pushed to the wall.

All I saw was a snake.

Kai.

I hurriedly walked to them as I smelled a herd of wolves, in their human form, surrounding Kai who was only looking down. He looked hurt... as my eyes darted to the wound in his arm. For some reason, my head fueled with anger. I did not feel hunger for blood... but rather madness in these monsters.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I hissed as I shot a glare at them. They did not look a bit fazed which made me smirk at them. "Picking a fight with a defenseless monster? Childish now, are we?"

"Let them be." Kai said in a low-tone but I did not want to buy it. 

"Don't meddle in this, vampire." I scoffed when one talked back to me. Not to be bragging but a lot of vampires fear me... and I would not let a wolf be an exception. I was hanging on to my thin string of patience as I tried to drag away, not until one stopped me.

"Let go, wolf." I warned him. Kai looked at me as if he was so scared... and for some freaking reason, I felt so angry towards these wolves. "Want to pick a fight with a vampire?"

"I'd rather pick a fight with a gorgon." He answered. Kai was just watching us. I wonder what he's feeling right now. "You're too weak, dracula."

Damn, why the mention of that one?

"Our powers are too good for someone like you." I stared at him and I could smell the growing ounce of anger in him. The tension between us was rising... and I liked it so much. "You're a waste of time."