CHAPTER 7

・・・YEJI

"Hey! Can I sit here?"

My head jolted to the blue-haired boy standing before me — as I felt awfully glued like my breath was stripped away. Jaemin looked at me with a floppy smile, but his furrowed brows contrasted it, simultaneously pointing at the chair beside me. Just, how was he in my Language class?

"Y-yeah..." I nodded as I hurried over to provide us more distance from each other. Subconsciously, I found myself staring in awe at him while thinking about why did Yeonjun not introduce us to each other.

"Are you okay?" Jaemin chuckled as he carelessly threw the bag beside him like a sack of rice. But, my mind was still clouded over the one question ringing since earlier. I never saw him in this class, so why was he here?

"Are you new here?" I asked while silently praying that our teacher could have been conversing with the principal so that I could talk more with Jaemin. Not that I have a crush on him, I was just amazed by his looks.

"I'm your senior. I think," Jaemin answered as he played with his lighter — now I wonder what kind of monster he is. His physical structure was not enough for me to assess what he was. "But, I had to retake this class."

"Why is that?" I got more curious — only to see him chuckling at me. I only shot him a look before he stopped.

"Before you ask me that, ask me my name first," he answered, which sent my mouth flying agape. Before I gave him a complete silence, I had to clear my throat first out of embarrassment. Did he notice that I knew him already?

"I'm Hwang Yeji," I started.

"Then who are you?" I raised a brow at him as I decided to fix my things, trying to save face by giving him my tough front. I could already feel a sense of self-owned annoyance in this guy. No wonder he's friends with Yeonjun.

"I'm Shin Jaemin, a fire elemental," Jaemin introduced himself as he felt the need to flex his powers in front of me since he made a tiny flame burst in his hands. But... his name seemed damn familiar.

Shin...

"Are you..." I started to ask as I pieced the information I knew together like pieces in a puzzle. I was staring in front to keep my concentration on the question in my mind. "Related to Shin Ryujin?"

"She's my sister." My soul nearly jumped out of my skin at the answer of Jaemin. I immediately darted my eyes to his face and imagined Ryujin beside him. I could only stare at his face in utter disbelief. Was I fucking interested in my friend's brother?!

"You know her?" Jaemin asked.

"She's my friend," I answered as I wiped cold sweats in my face. Foolishness — if that was an enough reason to describe my state at the moment. I know that it might not be a big deal, but I felt uncomfortable with it.

"She mentioned me nine friends since she came here, well, including Yeonjun," Jaemin said while putting his hand on his chin as if he was thinking deeply. Nine? I really hoped I was there. "That would include Cleopatra's daughter, a genie, an ice elemental, a..."

"And a Frankenstein's daughter?" I butted in as he snapped his fingers. If not for it to be impossible, I swear I could have seen a light bulb on top of his head.

"Bingo!" He exclaimed before his eyes widened like the shape of an owl. He even leaned forward to exaggerate his reaction. I could not help but to laugh at that. "Wait what?! You're Frankenstein's daughter?!"