CHAPTER 16

・・・NARRATION

It has been an eventful week for everyone.

After the midterms, the group had no time to rest since they wanted to help Yeji and Yeonjun for the school pageant. Chaeryeong and Yuna were the ones in charge of Lia's dress, while Beomgyu and Taehyun were for Soobin. Ryujin and Kai offered to assist with the question-and-answer portion.

But it does not mean that that was the only problem of the group. Beomgyu and Ryujin were still not on good terms, especially since the ice prince started avoiding her too. On the other hand, Yeji was beginning to get irritated due to her panic towards the school pageant.

Although, the significant change that happened during the week was how Taehyun started being sweet to Chaeryeong. The girls even gasped when they saw Chaeryeong hugging Taehyun one time. They were not sure if the two were back together again.

Back to the event, the theme of the school Pageant was superheroes. That made everything much harder since the group did not want a typical and usual pair of superheroes for their representatives. They tried getting suggestions from their batchmates, but all answered the same.

"Stay still, Soobin!"

"Yuna, hold this for me."

"I'll let my snake bite you if you don't stop staring at Lia!"

"For Pete's sake, shut up!"

Pure chaos.

Yeji massaged her temples as she had enough of the stress. Yeonjun, who was very worried for her, made his way towards the girl. Yeji stopped when the boy suddenly nudged her, only to see a snack in his hands.

"Chill, Yej," Yeonjun said with a smile, offering his snacks to the stressed girl in front of him. He noticed how Yeji was overworking herself these past few days. "Eat this first. I'll handle this for now."

"I can handle it," Yeji interjected, trying to calm herself. The girl actually had long patience before coming to Monster High, but now... zero. "Just help Ryujin and Kai prepare sample questions."

"Got it, boss," the boy answered as he winked at the girl, making Yeji scoff. The girl proceeded to check the designs of the clothes for Soobin and Lia. She took a pen and added some suggestions and tweaks to it.

"Hey, RJ," Yeonjun greeted as he sat in front of Ryujin. Kai was supposed to be with her, but he was busy bugging Yuna. Nevertheless, Yeonjun checked the sample questions the duo prepared.

For some reason, Ryujin is especially gloomy and dull on this ordinary day. Among the nine of them, only Yeonjun knew the story behind it. After all, even though they had already met other people, Ryujin and Yeonjun had a bond no one could ever come close to.

"Want to rest for today?" He asked carefully as he watched his best friend in front of him. It was as if the life was drained out of her. "I could just tell Yeji. Plus, I can come with you."