CHAPTER 23

・・・YEONJUN

"Congrats!"

The nine of them showered Yeji and me with numerous congratulations... since I started courting her. My arm sneakily scooped around Yeji's waist as I pulled her closer. The cheers became wilder after that.

I smiled when I saw Yeji's red-filled cheeks.

To tell you with all honesty, happiness was just an understatement of what I was feeling. It was something more than that... but I could not explain it.

Yeji hasn't told me that she likes me, but that was all okay. Me courting her simply meant that I would pursue her until she had feelings for me — she has no commitments to my feelings.

"Thank you," I chuckled as my hands traveled their way to my nape, rubbing out of shyness. The boys were smirking at us, and I could feel that Yeji was getting even more shy with it. I did not know why but I found it really adorable.

"I don't care if you're my best friend," Ryujin glared at me. "I'll burn you if you hurt Yeji.""You can count on it," I said and saluted at her while the girls nodded. Of course, I know that they would be extra protective of Yeji... knowing my reputation.

If I were Ryujin, I would be the same with her and Beomgyu.

"We now have two couples!" Kai clapped. Yuna looking away didn't escape my eyes. I had to chuckle and shake my head at that.

"You're right," Lia nodded. "I'm waiting for yours."

"Eyy!" Taehyun was the first to tease as he slung his arm around the gorgon. "You're my chicken! Man up!"

"Hey," I turned my head when Yeji called me. I hummed to acknowledge her. "Adopt Kai. You should teach him a thing or two about confessing."

"I was about to," I answered. "But, I think you also adopted Yuna. They can't be together if I do."

"Then, adopt Beomgyu," she whispered as my eyes smoothly darted to the ice prince beside my best friend. "They're so fucking obvious. I want to bump their heads together."

"Focus on ours first, babe," I pouted, and I saw how her brows furrowed and her mouth agape in shock. I yelped when she slapped my arm! "Oww! What was that for?!"

"Why did you already think of a damn callsign?" She asked. In my eyes, I swear I could see her cuteness when asking that. I could not help myself but to pinch her cheeks.

"Don't use baby," Chaeryeong glared as she hugged her boyfriend. I saw how the others winced in disgust with that. "That's ours. We claim that."

"Okay," I nodded and looked at Yeji. "Baby is out of the choices."