CHAPTER 29

・・・TAEHYUN

"Chae..."

I flashed Chaeyeon a small smile when she opened the door for us. Chaeryeong and I were... in their house because we decided to introduce our relationship today.

The school announced that we were going to take a short break after the school dance. So, the group and I decided to introduce our partners to our families.

I was just hoping that it would turn out well.

"You're here!" Chaeyeon smiled as she looked at the both of us. I saw Chaeryeong returning her a small smile... she wasn't precisely fine with her for now.

"Is dad there?" My girlfriend asked, and I noticed her hand holding onto mine as if her life depended on it.

I took a deep breath. It was now or never — we were going to face one of the people who tried their best to separate us. But now, Chaeryeong nor I would be running away.

"He's at the dining table," Chaeyeon answered. I noticed how her eyes glistened with desperation and agony as she looked at us. "Let's go?"

Chaeyeon walked ahead of us because I had to stop since my girlfriend froze in her place. My lips parted when her crimson face turned pale. I tightened my grip on her hand.

"After this..." Chaeryeong muttered. "Promise me you won't leave me. We're not separating... no matter what."

"I promise." I kissed her hand. "No ghosting anymore."

That was meant to be a joke, but my girlfriend took it the wrong way! I groaned when she smacked my head and glared at me after. I chuckled and planted a peck on her cheek.

Chaeryeong took the first step to enter their house. I trailed behind her as she guided me towards their dining room. Each step we made... just made my chest tighten more.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear the moment we turned towards the place where her father was at.

"Chaeryeong and her boyfriend are here, dad," Chaeyeon introduced us. I tried my hardest to maintain a straight look at him.

But, damn, I did not expect his anger to turn into wrath.

"Taehyun?" Chaeryeong's father hissed. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Just as I expected.

I felt my girlfriend's grip on me tighten, probably trying to stop herself from exploding in front of her father. On the other hand, I stayed nonchalant in this situation. I shouldn't fight fire with fire.

"Good evening, sir," I tried to sound as respectful as possible. "I'm Taehyun, your daughter's boyfriend."