CHAPTER 9

・・・YUNA

"Gross!"

I exclaimed and covered my mouth to prevent me from vomiting when Taehyun showed a fucking dissected frog in front of us. The ten of us were in the cafeteria for lunch... This has been a habit for us since we got closer. I decided to look at my food instead.

Because of how gross it was, I looked at my food with so much disgust. I could not bear myself to eat normally. Almost all of us were grossed out... only with Taehyun staring at the frog with so much pride.

"Beomgyu, get eight feet away from me," Ryujin said and pointed elsewhere while she was staring at the naked frog in front of her. Then after, she shot a glare at Taehyun. "I have a murder to do."

"Hey! It's cute!" I looked in disbelief at Taehyun when he said that. Among us all, Yeonjun looked like he was about to puke. He even could not stare at it for much longer. "All of you are just uncultured!"

"I will literally shove that in your mouth if you don't take that away," Chaeryeong threatened as Taehyun could only sulk as he tucked the frog away. Our faces were displaying bright red — and oh honey, we're not blushing. We were one vomit away.

"Aww, our Taehyun is sad!" Soobin cooed as he pinched Taehyun's cheeks, earning him a glare from the red-haired boy. My jaw dropped when Lia was laughing at him. What? Were they fine already?

"I would like to pray for Soobin and Beomgyu," Yeonjun butted in as he chuckled after. We all looked at him with confusion as he smirked. "I'm gonna bet that Taehyun will display that frog in his dorm."

"Are you all looking for another roommate?" Beomgyu asked as he darted his eyes to each one of us... pouting at Ryujin along the way, to which the latter just rolled her eyes. "You know, I'm up for adoption."

"Seriously, if you'll hang that up in our dorm, I would turn you into a vampire," Soobin threatened as he pointed a fork at Taehyun. I had to laugh at them. They looked like kids fighting.

"Why aren't you eating?" I heard a voice whisper beside me. I turned around to see Kai eating his food as if he was not grossed out by the traumatizing sight earlier. He was casually pointing at my lunch. "Your food will get cold."

"That frog is consuming my mind," I answered as I tried to remove the fucking image of that frog. Every time I would look at my food, I would remember what Taehyun showed us. I shivered at that.

Cute. I heard him say in his mind.

"What?" He asked when I stared at him, shocked. Was he referring to me? Mindlessly, a hint of red traced my cheeks as I balled into a fluster. I shook at him and redirected my sight to my food. My once clouded mind by the frog was now overthinking about what Kai thought.

"Are you okay?" I almost jumped in my seat when Kai placed his palm over my forehead. Damn, did I look sick to him? But, I am afraid that he was right. I have been feeling weird since days ago. "You look like you have a fever."

"Am I hot?" I asked, and that was his turn to widen his eyes. Kai looked stunned for a moment as I furrowed my brows in confusion. And now, the both of us were acting weird. My eyes expanded an inch when I realized how that sounded.

"Wait, that's not what I meant!" I panicked as red blood planted hints on my cheeks. If embarrassment were a person, that would be me. I mentally cursed myself as I now wanted to dig a hole for myself.