CHAPTER 14

・・・NARRATION

"Kai, you don't throw the cooked shrimp back to the sea!"

"Ryujin, stop using your powers on the grill! The food will get burnt!"

"Collect the kids, Chaeryeong!"

"For fuck's sake, Yeonjun, how many times do I have to tell you that we're not using glue to make tomato paste!"

Chaos.

Contrasting the calm and serene beach, Yuna and Yeji's angry voices were heard all throughout the place. The two girls did not expect this group to be chaotic at all. It was good that Taehyun was quick to reserve the spot only for them, especially on Lia's special day.

Soobin, who cannot be exposed to the sun, was not with the group, but he helped them prepare everything they needed. But neither of the guys nor the girls knew where the hell the vampire went.

Beomgyu was looking frantically at the two angry women in front of him since he just wanted to ask them if he would fetch Lia now. The group gave him that role since they knew he would just fail any other duty they would give him.

"Let's place this here," Taehyun, who was holding the butterfly-folded papers, asked Chaeryeong so that they could at least appease the tension. The witch nodded as the two laced the decorations in a crosscut position using the poles they rented.

"Hold the chair for me," Chaeryeong said as she climbed up the chair since the pole was too tall for her to reach. Taehyun was quick to laugh at her but stopped when he saw the girl in front of him raising a brow at him.

"Hey, let me help," a nervous Kai asked as he carefully walked over to the frowning Yuna. The genie was busy plating the food since it had to be picturesque, especially since Lia is one who appreciates order and aesthetics.

"Thanks..." Yuna muttered as she flashed a small smile at Kai. For that odd reason, the panic in Yuna's heart was slowly transforming into a state of calmness. Indeed, Kai really was something else.

Yeonjun looked at the annoyed Yeji, who was cooking the remaining seafood. He had to bite his bottom lip to stifle a smile as he was finding the girl so adorable now. Yeji almost jumped in her place when Yeonjun suddenly hugged her from behind.

"Calm down, cat. I'll help you," Yeonjun whispered to Yeji's ear, oblivious to the fact that the girl was a blushing mess and her heart was beating faster than usual. Were soulmates supposed to be that sweet?

On the other hand, Beomgyu was stealing glances at Ryujin, who was busy arranging the decorations of the tables and chairs. The two of them were talking less each day, and Beomgyu was not a fool to not notice that Ryujin was avoiding him.

"Ryu—" Yeji cut Beomgyu off.

"Beomgyu! Get Lia now!" The ice prince sighed as he stole one last glance at the fire elemental who was avoiding his eyes, not that Beomgyu noticed it. With that, the boy set his trail towards the birthday girl.

Ryujin told them that Lia would most likely be in her dorm since Cleopatra's daughter looked sad for some reason. The girl did not give them a reason why, so they vowed to make this celebration memorable for her.

"Lia?" Beomgyu knocked on their dorm as he could hear the groan of his friend. Lia sounded like she just woke up, but wow, she was sleeping in the afternoon? "This is Beom!"