CHAPTER 11

・・・NARRATION

"You may start."

A series of sighs were heard as soon as Miss Jihyo announced the commencement of the quiz. Worry was an understatement to describe how half of the class was feeling. Sure, they studied, but boy, they did not expect that this quiz would be so challenging.

Chaeryeong, Lia, Taehyun, and Yeji were known as the brains in the class. But, they, too, were finding the examination hard. They were the first to study for the quiz. However, they felt the pressure too. If the people who chose to study earlier felt that way, what more for those who procrastinated?

On the other side, Beomgyu and Ryujin were staring at their quiz in shock. Contrary to their endless bickering and crackhead nature, they were actually serious when it came to academics. But now would be a great time to ditch the quiz.

Soobin, Kai, and Yuna were, surprisingly, finding the quiz just fine. Unbeknownst to them, their classmates were having difficulty answering the examination. Because all they knew was they were continuously and quickly finishing it.

For a certain hybrid, Yeonjun, he was stuck on the first page and on the first number. Indeed, he studied it last night, but why was nothing coming into his head right now? He almost thought that Miss Jihyo did not discuss the items in the quiz at all.

Damn. That was all Yeonjun could think of. He decided to skim through the other questions, but still, none of which he could answer. He, Ryujin, and Beomgyu studied properly last night as far as he could remember.

"15 minutes left!" The blonde-haired boy was already sweating buckets, ironically relating to the cold wind brought by the air conditioner. In every question, he tried squeezing his brain so hard just to remember the lessons he studied.

Five minutes before the time, Yeonjun decided that there was no other way. He had no choice but to shade the letters among the possible answers, even though he was not entirely sure by it. It was better having a 1/4 chance of being correct than leaving the paper completely blank.

"Pass your papers now!" And so, Yeonjun was done with the quiz, leaving his fate to Miss Jihyo.

In a matter of a few minutes after their dismissal, Miss Jihyo distributed the papers to the students. Everyone was adamant about themselves, especially since they were conditioning their minds to hope for the best.

Oh, to be positive right now. Not for the virus, okay? TXT and ITZY wish that all of you are safe.

A particular cat-eyed girl was frantically waiting for her paper. Yeji watched as her friends' faces turned to horror upon looking at their quizzes. Even Chaeryeong and Taehyun... probably the smartest in class, were distraught with their scores.

She glanced at her seatmate, whom she was actually feeling guilty about. When she was studying for the past two days, she could not help but think about Yeonjun. Sure, she was annoyed as heck by him, but he was her friend too.