CHAPTER 5

・・・LIA

"Earth to Lia?"

Ryujin snapped my bundle of thoughts like what her fingers did in front of me. I was thinking about how I should convince Yuna. She seemed like a stubborn girl, and I expected that she would be mad at me. Lia, think!

Ryujin and I were both on the bench on the basketball court since we decided to support Yeonjun and Taehyun in their tryouts. Initially, we were cheering only for Yeonjun since we weren't close to Taehyun yet. But, giving support won't hurt.

"You were saying?" I smiled at my friend, who was furrowing her brows at me. I broke a nervous chuckle as I tried to recall what we were talking about earlier.

"Nothing," Ryujin answered. "You look bothered."

"I was just thin—" a loud noise cut me off.

"Ryu!" We turned our heads to the owner of the voice... which was, unfortunately, Beomgyu. But, what was worse was he was with the boys! I saw Taehyun and Yeonjun break into a wide smile as they saw their squad. Kai and Soobin were waving at us.

Seeing Soobin made me remember about our deal. Damn, I couldn't even form a proper plan to ask Yuna about that. What made this situation more nerve-wracking as heck was how Soobin looked at me. I was getting pressured!

"And, I thought you came for us." Taehyun chuckled as he watched Beomgyu sit beside Ryujin, who looked nervous for some reason! What the heck just happened?! I just know that Ryujin was so irritated with the presence of Beomgyu, but why was she so silent now?

"I am the captain of the TaeJun cheerleading team!" My lips parted when Beomgyu showed us pompoms! "Look how supportive I am!"

"Beomgyu, I am watching you," Yeonjun warned Beomgyu as he held up two fingers in front of his eyes then faced them to Beomgyu. The ice prince had his arm slung around Ryujin, who seemed stressed out.

"We're friends!" Beomgyu pouted as I could already feel the frustration oozing out of Ryujin. Since when did they get so close?

"You bear, give me some space!" And, the Ryujin I know was back. Guess what happened next? The fire and ice fought again.

"Hey." For some reason, my breath was stripped off with the presence of a vampire beside me. Soobin was sporting a slight smile on his face while I saw Kai sitting beside him. I took a deep breath as I remembered our agreement.

"Hello, Soobin... Kai." I nodded to acknowledge him. I was not irritated with him now, but I was pressured with this deal I got myself into. I even had the guts to decide that I won't use my powers... as if that would be easier. Nothing is easy.

"How are you?" The pressure swallowing me was wiped off when Soobin asked that. I thought he was going to ask about the agreement. I wanted to feel a tad bit grateful for that. But, what made me convinced to agree to what he said was that he would leave me alone.