CHAPTER 18

・・・RYUJIN

"Ryu!"

I turned around to see Junkyu walking over to me. Junkyu and I were hanging out often, and it just stuns me how similar our personalities were. It was as if we were sharing one brain cell. I felt thankful to Dayeon for introducing him to me.

It got me quite convinced that Junkyu was my platonic soulmate.

A romantic soulmate is a different question, though.

"What's up?" I asked as he stood in front of me. We decided to hang out today after class since we quite missed each other, especially since Beomgyu clung to me as if he was holding on for his dear life. Not that I hated it, though.

"Let's grab milk tea?" He asked, and I nodded. We both walked out of the school and towards the milk tea shop. It was a good thing that it was just near the campus. I didn't have the energy to walk miles.

Several students were walking back and forth on this particular day. Maybe to prepare for the exams? But I was sure that the majority was pacing because of the preparations for the school pageant.

"The usual?" I chuckled at his question when we got to the counter. I nodded as he told the receptionist our orders. Even in food, the both of us clicked together. That got me wondering, why can't Beomgyu and I be like that too?

But, why the heck was I thinking of Beomgyu?

While Junkyu was getting our orders, I took the chance to look for a vacant seat. I smiled when I saw a good seat near the window, especially since the walls were made of glass. I walked over to it to claim it as ours.

As I stared at Junkyu out of boredom, I couldn't help but to remember Beomgyu's face when he looked at my friend. He was scowling while looking uninterested in his presence. Did they fight before? Neither of them told me that they knew each other, though.

My thoughts were snapped when Junkyu placed the tray down on our table. He set the drinks on our positions as he went back to return the tray. Afterwards, he sat down in front of me as he drank the milk tea like he was so dehydrated!

"Chill," I said and chuckled, causing him to stop for a while. He then sat up straight at what I said. "You look like your damn drink would escape. No one is going to take that from you, Kim."

"So, how are you and the ice prince?" He asked as we both started gulping on our milk teas. I actually confided to Junkyu about Beomgyu when the both of us were fighting before. Junkyu knew that Beomgyu and I were already fine when he saw us together.

"Well... we're good now," I smiled as I remembered the clingy bear. When we were fighting, I really missed his presence. I realized that I preferred to have him annoying me than him avoiding me. "He's clingy."

I saw a familiar face walking out of the school with another familiar one as if on cue. I watched Beomgyu and Winter laugh with each other as they strolled around campus. I felt something inside me with that.