CHAPTER 24

・・・RYUJIN

"He's confusing me!"

I groaned as I walked back and forth. Junkyu was quick to chuckle at me. Classes had just ended, and Junkyu invited me to go to the mall. But, I wanted to express my frustration first. I could not hold it in anymore — especially since the haunted house incident.

I'm not leaving anymore.

Beomgyu... he was confusing me — his actions, his words, his gestures, and his eyes. I wouldn't even be frantic and frustrated about this now if he just rejected me. I believed I could definitely move on from him.

Definitely, right?

"You seem to be overthinking it, Ryu," he said as he continued watching me from below — he was sitting down while I was standing. I was walking back and forth. "Are you sure you're not in love yet?"

"No!" I exclaimed as my brows furrowed at him.

I was sure that I was not in love with Beomgyu. Sure, I would stare at him when I got the chance, think about him every second, and always want to see him. But I know it's not love!

"Are you sure?" He raised a brow at me. My lips parted when he pointed at somewhere else using his pouting lips. I turned around to see Beomgyu walking towards us. I heaved a sigh of relief when I discovered that Beomgyu did not hear what we talked about due to the distance.

"Ryu!" He waved as he ran towards me. Was that only me, or did you all also notice Beomgyu somewhat glaring at Junkyu? Nevertheless, Beomgyu nodded at him. "Hey, bro."

"Hey, dude," Junkyu chuckled.

"Do you want to come with me on Wednesday to the festival?" Beomgyu asked as he looked at me. I took a deep breath, trying to fight the urge not to show my frustrations at him.

Beomgyu, please... just reject me.

"What's it about?" I asked him back.... Even though I wanted to say yes already. Yes, I was that weak for this dumb ice prince.

"It's a cherry blossom festival!" He smiled, and I swear I could feel my heart somersault with that. I was one word away from setting this place on fire out of frustration.

"Don't you want me to come?" I rolled my eyes when I heard Junkyu ask that.

"No," I didn't know where I got the courage to say that, making Junkyu laugh so loud. I also noticed Beomgyu turning red with what I said. "I'll come."

"Okay!" Beomgyu beamed. "I'll fetch you tomorrow after class."

He was about to walk away, not until I called him. I glanced at Junkyu for a bit, hoping that he would at least get what I wanted to say.