CHAPTER 15

・・・NARRATION

In just two days, many things have changed.

Only Lia, Soobin, Yuna, and Kai remained constant. The four of them were oblivious to what happened after Lia left her birthday celebration because everything had been in shambles since then. It was evident when they were with each other during lunch.

"You're not going to eat that?" Soobin asked his best friend, Beomgyu, as he pointed to the ice prince's grapes using a fork. The latter nodded dully as his eyes remained on the fire elemental adjacent to him.

Ever since Beomgyu and Ryujin's fight on the beach, neither of them talked to each other, even during class. However, Beomgyu could not get the girl out of his head. He knew that he hadn't spent much time with Ryujin, but he felt like there was more to it.

"Are you okay?" Yuna whispered to Chaeryeong, who was staring at nowhere. The genie's voice was enough to snap the witch's thoughts back to reality. Chaeryeong nodded as she forced a smile at the girl.

Chaeryeong was feeling panic instead. The morning after Lia's birthday, she noticed how Taehyun was awkward with her. That got her thinking... What the heck did she tell Taehyun when she was drunk? With that, she became uncomfortable with the boy too.

"Earth to Yeji?" Kai waved his palm in front of Yeji, who flinched at the sudden blockage in her sight. The girl was quick to smile at the gorgon frantically. But, deep inside, it was the complete opposite.

Unlike Chaeryeong, Yeji remembered full well what happened that night. She accidentally exposed herself to her soulmate! However, she felt weird since Yeonjun seemed like he did not remember anything, especially since Yeji couldn't sleep for two nights since Yeonjun kissed her forehead.

"What's with them?" Lia whispered to Soobin, who just shrugged at her in return. She was not used to this type of silence — maybe she should not have left them alone that night. But still, she had to admit that her birthday became more magical with Soobin's surprise.

Happy was an understatement to describe how Lia felt. They both feel so comfortable with each other, too pleased that they both thought that having her hearts beat faster with each other was normal for two best friends. After all, they were all still innocent.

"I only know what happened to Beomgyu and Ryujin," Kai, who heard Lia, whispered to them. It was a good thing that the four friends were seated near each other, or else, glares of the remaining six monsters would kill them.

On the other hand, Yuna felt giddy with the promise bracelet Kai gave her. Truth be told, the genie was seen jumping up and down on her bed. Her bottle almost fell down too. After all, who wouldn't be glad when their crush gave them such a romantic gift?

・・・BEOMGYU

"Hey, Beom!"

I turned around to see Winter waving at me. I forced a smile and waved back to her, too, as she ran her way towards me. My classes were finished already, and I planned to go to the ice headquarters to clear my head. My mind was all over the place because of one specific monster.