Chapter 7: Negotiation

The next day.

Grand Line, Water Seven Island, Gally-La Company, Chairman's Office.

"Kalifa, do I have an appointment today for a meeting?" Iceburg asked as he stopped his current work and looked at Kalifa who was on the sofa in his study sorting through the documents that Iceburg had reviewed last night.

Kalifa immediately took the document she always carried with her and opened the note, "You have some appointments today, Iceburg-san. At 9 o'clock in the morning you have a schedule to come to the inauguration of the hotel which has just been opened by the Ire family. Then at 10 am later you will have a meal with the owner of the glass company..."

Kalifa continued to read all the schedules Iceburg had for today.

"Okay. You can stop" Iceburg-san immediately stopped him because he had a bit of a headache after listening to all the schedules.

"Do you want me to cancel all activities today?" Kalifa asked casually as if this activity had been done by him.

"You can cancel all activities for today. I have an appointment with someone today"

"Meeting someone?" Kalifa asked with great interest.

"Ma...Yesterday I was just contacted by a King from the Fortis Kingdom. He offered me to cooperate. Their kingdom seems to have good quality wood."

"Can the words of the King be proven true?" Kalifa asked again.

"Maa.. I don't know" Iceburg shook his head and continued, "However, today the King of that kingdom has sent an envoy to meet me while letting me assess the quality of the wood they have. As long as the wood is of good quality, we can build a cooperative relationship with them. After all, we currently need a large amount of wood because the current orders for ships have also increased compared to before."

"I understand" Kalifa nodded and started to carry out the task she had by canceling all today's appointments.

The two of them continued their work until there was a knock on the door and someone could see someone coming inside.

"Report! Iceburg-san. There is someone named Hashirama Senju from the Fortis Kingdom who wants to meet you. He told me that he had made an appointment with you."

Iceburg immediately stopped what he was doing and looked at his subordinate, "You can bring him here."

"I see, Iceburg-san"

That person immediately went down to carry out the orders given by Iceburg-san. Kalifa who was there also started to tidy up the room since the sofa in the room will be used soon. While Iceburg immediately stopped his work and then walked towards the sofa to wait for Hashirama's arrival.

There was another knock on the door as the door swung open.

"I have brought the person, Iceburg-san"

"Good work. You can come back"

The subordinate immediately left the room.

Iceburg's and Kalifa's gazes immediately turned to Hashirama who smiled friendly at them.

"Please have a seat, Mr Hashirama" Kalifa said politely.

"Thank you"

Hashirama immediately took a seat in front of Iceburg saying, "Hello, first meeting. I'm Hashirama Senju. I am the one sent by His Majesty to bring the wood to be appraised by you."

"I'm Iceburg. I am the Mayor of this Water Seven City." Iceburg also introduced himself and continued, "If you may know. Where is the wood we are going to grade, Mr Hashirama?"