409

Chapter 76.2 Who Is The Hero

“Lazy, lazy! Who told you to be lazy! This lord really has got eight generations’ bad luck, doing this shit errand, staying with you all useless things and can’t see the sun all the year round! And you still dare to be lazy?!”

Sang Yuanyuan stopped her steps.

You Wuming’s long eyes slanted and swayed into the hall on the right side.

He saw a man dressed as an overseer beating the craftsman on the ground. The craftsman’s hair was already gray. He shrunk into a ball and was constantly shaking.

Another overseer pretended to persuade: “Hey, hey, it’s enough already. You’ve killed eight people this month. Don’t overdo it.”

The one who hit the craftsman stopped his hand and sneered: “Come on, you killed nine people yourself so who are you talking to here? I’ve only killed eight and it’s already the end of the month. If I don’t use up my quota here, it’s going to be wasted.”

The craftsmen around them tremble with fear, and the movements of their hands and feet become more agile for fear that they will be targeted and become the next corpse.

In order to supervise the progress, every overseer can kill nine people every month. Except for the few craftsmen who worked the most agile and become role models, the rest of the craftsmen may be targeted by the overseer and become the next one to be killed.

The one lying on the ground was obviously targeted because he was already weak and slow in his work.

Sang Yuanyuan’s pupils contracted and her fists were clenched.

“Little Mulberry is angry.” You Wuming chuckled lightly.

His unscrupulous voice alarmed the two overseers in the hall.

The two turned their heads and saw a pair of a beautiful man and woman that were neatly dressed in front of them. For a moment, they were stunned and didn’t know what to do.

You Wuming walked slowly towards them.

He walked in a chic and leisurely manner, then held the shoulder of the two overseers, one person on each of his hands.

“In life,” You Wuming said with a serious face, “anything may happen. Sometimes, when you are in trouble, you always expect the people around you to be kind to you.”

Seeing that his bearing was not like ordinary people, the two men guessed that he was a high-ranking official who came down to inspect. So, they said with an awkward  smile: “My lord, this is the rule down here. It’s not that we are bad people but it’s all just for the progress of the project. You don’t know it, Lord. These things are so slippery. If it weren’t for being beaten and frightened from time to time, this tomb wouldn’t even be half as good as it is now!”

The overseers at the bottom didn’t know that it was the underground royal city that was being built. They just thought it was the royal tomb.

The other person by the side also said with a smile: “My Lord, this rule is set from above. If you feel that this is inhuman, maybe the Lord can pass more letters to the top so that the rule can be changed. Don’t you think so, my Lord?”

You Wuming said coldly: “When I am speaking, I don’t need you to interfere in it at all.”

A thunder flame flashed in his palm.

The two still wanted to make an argument again but they suddenly felt a tingling in their throat and opened their mouths. Then they turned just like those mute craftsmen who could not make any sound at all.

You Wuming released his hands and the two men immediately wanted to run outside, but he gently and skillfully kicked them to the ground and then broke their legs casually.

The two overseers twisted their faces in pain and struggled silently on the ground. That thunder flame’s power, how can ordinary people have even half the ability to resist it? Only showing up like this and their vocal cords, legs and feet were already completely abolished.

You Wuming squatted down slowly, pressed them with each of his hands, and said in a very gentle voice: “What did I say just now, have you heard me clearly? Life is impermanent and accidents can happen at any time. One moment, power is still in your hand and the next moment, nothing can be certain anymore. Later when you become a craftsman, remember not to be lazy and slippery. Since you are so committed to the ‘rules’, there is no need to pray that the new overseer will be kind to you.”