478

Chapter 87.3 There Will Always Be A Way Out

When they entered the main hall, they saw the King of Bai state and the Crown Prince stood up from behind the table, straightening out and performing the royal family meeting courtesy.

This banquet, however, is completely different from the ‘ready for a fight’ manner in the imagination.

There are only eight seats in such a huge palace. The surrounding area is so empty that it doesn’t look like an ambush had been set up.

Sang Yuanyuan looked calmly at the surroundings and saw an exceptionally elegant scholar. His seat is just under Crown Prince Bai. He was wearing a lotus-root colored long robes, and his gestures are quite elegant.

Just him? Only one person?

You Wuming led Sang Yuanyuan, carelessly walked to the opposite side of King Bai and took a seat.

“Don’t wait for my Big Brother-in-law anymore.” You Wuming swept his gaze over the empty tables, knocking on the table honestly and unceremoniously, “King Bai, you can start the banquet.”

It’s just lacking one sentence, if you want to add poison, please hurry.

King Bai did not say a word. After performing the courtesy, he sat straight behind the table and pursed his lips, the expression on his face was filled with anger and humiliation.

There is no intention to speak at all.

The atmosphere was weird and also awkward.

The younger Princess Bai came forward and bowed delicately towards the scholar with lotus-root colored robes: “Respected Saint of Heaven, the King of You state and the Princess of Sang state have arrived, do you…”

Saint of Heaven.

Upon hearing this, You Wuming and Sang Yuanyuan turned their gaze to the elegant scholar.

His facial features are extremely dusty, like a landscape painting covered by clouds. When his lips moved, it was as if flowers were blooming at the corners of his lips. The whole person is extremely elegant, but there is a kind of unspeakable nobleness.

What a young, handsome and elegant Saint from the Temple of Heaven.

He said gently: “The King of You state has worked very hard all the way here. So I want to ask the King of Bai state to personally present a song and dance to show his gratitude.”

What a really absurd thing to say.

Since ancient times, they have never heard of the Lord of any family offering songs and dances personally for the guests. What an indecent thing.

You Wuming’s fingers that were knocking on the table paused slightly.

Surprisingly, King Bai, whose face was so gloomy as if water was dripping on it, got up from behind the table without any objection, went to the center of the main hall, then started to sing and dance.

The singing voice of King Bai is better than expected and there is no out-of-tune. On the contrary, it is quite decent. The dancing posture is also good. Although there is no order in there, it is not ugly.

Such a state banquet has always been serious and solemn, and it is absolutely impossible for singing and dancing girls to set foot. The king of a state who was supposed to sit upright, actually went out in person and sang and danced all alone. It was so unbearably embarrassing.

An unspeakable sense of suffocation and pressure enveloped the entire hall, and the atmosphere broke through the sky.

The eyes of the two Bai Princesses were flushed red, and their tears fell down tricklingly.

Crown Prince Bai shrank behind the table like a quail from beginning to end, as if wishing to become a transparent person.

The Saint of Heaven took the lead in clapping: “Good! Good!”

You Wuming lazily raised his hands and clapped them twice.

After the singing and dancing, King Bai sat back behind the table and his expression did not change much. It seems that this is not the first time he has ‘performed’.

The Saint of Heaven slowly turned his eyes to Crown Prince Bai: “The next one…”

The older Princess Bai suddenly cried out and weeping: “Don’t insult Royal Father and Elder Brother anymore! I can do whatever you want! Please let go of Royal Father and Elder Brother!”

The trembling hands of King Bai were pressed on the desk when he gritted his teeth and said: “Don’t beg this despicable villain! You can just kill me, otherwise, I will definitely break your body to pieces!”

The Saint of Heaven was not annoyed at all and even smiled very warmly: “The King of Bai state is no fun at all. Singing and dancing is just a way to express one’s feelings. It’s not something low and despicable.”

King Bai gritted his teeth and said: “Yun Zhizhuo… You will regret what you did today!”

The Son of Heaven with the surname Yun?!

‘Yun Zhizhuo…’ Sang Yuanyuan secretly thought to herself. He is surnamed Yun. She wondered whether this person had any relationship with the Saint of Heaven who is also surnamed Yun in her hairpin ceremony?