Prologue Part 3: The School Headmaster

The rest of us left the main hall and walked toward the gym. We found the doors of the gym and walked inside.

"God, I had no idea this Hope's Peak Academy place was gonna be such a pain in my balls," Mondo complained. "It really ain't that much different from the time I spent in juvie. Hell, this place is even worse!"

"And why isn't there anyone here? Walking through the halls, I didn't see a single person..." Sayaka observed.

"Is it possible that we are the only students here?" I asked.

"Isn't that like, seriously not good?" Junko asked, with sweat dripping from her forehead.

"Th-They're just trying to spook us! They'll take those metal plates down later, I'm sure of it..." Taka said, sounding unsure himself.

"All we can do now is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Nothing ventured, nothing gained," Sakura said.

Is she always so inspirational?

"Well hell, it ain't like I'm scared or nothin'. Let's just get this over with!" Mondo yelled. "Hey! Where's whoever called us here!?" He barged right into the gymnasium doors.

"Mondo, stop! No running!" Taka called out and followed him into the gym.

"I too shall go," Sakura said and entered.

"H-Hey, wait! Don't leave me here all alone!" Hifumi cried out and ran off.

"Well, see you guys inside," I said and walked towards the gym.

=======

Once I entered the gym, the other students were there waiting in what looked like a completely ordinary gym.

"Oh. It really does look like an entrance ceremony..." Makoto said, observing the scene.

"See? Told ya! It's totally normal entrance ceremony stuff," Hiro said.

As much as I wanted to admit that Hiro was right, in a way it just emphasized how different and 'not normal' any of us were.

"Hey there, howdy, hello! Is everyone here? Good! Then let's get things rolling!" It was the same high voice that called from the monitor earlier. All the students turned towards the stage where a podium was and popped out from behind it was...

"Huh? A...teddy bear?" Chihiro asked.

"Is this...some sort of joke?" I asked.

"I'm not a teddy bear! Nor am I a joke! I...am...Monokuma! And I am this school's headmaster! Nice to meet you all!" Monokuma introduced. It spoke in a carefree attitude that was completely out of place. The feeling in my gut turned into fear.

"Wh-? Waaaaaah! That teddy bear can talk!" Hifumi screamed.

"Calm down! I'm sure there's just a speaker inside it," Taka said, sounding confused.

"I told you already, I'm not a teddy bear... I'm Monokuma! And I'm your headmaster!" Monokuma cried out in anger and waved his paws.

"Waaaaah! It moved!" Hifumi cried out again.

"Seriously man, calm down!" Mondo yelled at him. "It's prolly just a remote control toy or somethin'."

"How dare you compare me to a child's plaything!" Monokuma said, sadly. "You've cut me deep. Deeper than the Mariana Trench..." Monokuma then giggled. "My remote control system is so complex, even the folks at NASA can't recreate or even comprehend it! Ah, but don't make me say stuff that might destroy NASA's dreams. I just couldn't BEAR that!"