Chapter 6: Class Trial Aftermath

The courtroom was so silent that one could hear a pin drop. Leon Kuwata, the Ultimate Baseball Star, had been executed before our very eyes. His cries of pain continued to play in my head. I stood, frozen as my body was shaking from nervousness. The feeling inside of me... the true face of despair.

"Wooohooo! Extreeeeeeemmmmmeeeee!" Monokuma cried out in excitement, causing me to snap out of my trance. "Man, my adrenaline is pumping right outta control!"

"Uwah...! Uwaaaaaahhh!" Hifumi shrieked.

"Wh-Wh-What's going o-on!?" Toko stuttered in fear.

"I-I can't take this anymore...! Do we really have to keep doing this? I just can't take it!" Chihiro cried.

"Well hey, if you don't like it...all you gotta do is swear to cut ties with the outside world and accept living here forever! But that's only if every single one of you can get on board with that. Puhuhuhu... Waahahahaha! Bwaaahahaha!" Monokuma laughed.

"Man, fuck you... Why the fuck are you doing all this evil shit to us!?" Mondo questioned.

"Evil? You make it sound like I'm some dark, awful, secret society type of guy! Or in this case, a dark, awful, secret society type of BEAR!" joked Monokuma.

"Um, so why are you putting an upstanding young citizen like me through such a grueling ordeal?" Hifumi asked while shaking in fear.

"It seems like you're trying to use common sense to make sense of something that doesn't make sense! That's like trying to put a mile on a scale! I just don't think it's possible..."

"Hey, uh, I don't think what you're saying and what I'm saying quite fit together," Hifumi said.

"You piece of shit! I don't know who you are but I'm gonna pound your ass into the ground!" Mondo threatened.

"Puhuhu. You must really hate me to get so angry, huh?" Monokuma giggled. "But if you do that, you're barking waaay up the wrong tree. What happened, happened because more than one of you decided you wanted to get out, right? No matter how much time passes, you can't cut free of your regrets from the outside world. You're to blame!"

"Of course we can't cut f-free of the outside world! Being trapped in this insane p-place...!" Toko grumbled.

"Hmmm... You're trapped, are you? Well, I'm sure once you learn all the mysteries of this school, your thinking will change for sure. You'll think, "Boy, isn't it so wonderful how we all get to live here forever!?""

"What are you trying to say...?" Taka asked.

"I feel like there's some deeper meaning hidden in there... Just like before..." Kyoko said.

-------

"Okay, well, anyway. More importantly...! Let's hurry up and get to what everyone's been waiting for! The punishment!"

-------

"When you say "everyone"...who exactly are you referring to?" Kyoko asked.

"Sorry, I said everything I've got to say! I need to save some of the fun for later! Bwaahahaha!" Monokuma then disappeared, leaving all of us in the courtroom.

We were frozen in our spots, unable to move. The only sounds that filled the room were the sounds of grunts and crying. This was our reality now, and boy is it a nightmare kind of reality.

=======

After a while, we all headed out of the courtroom and went our separate ways. I went to my room, locked the door, and flopped onto the bed. Three people were brutally killed in the span of 24 hours. They were our classmates, our friends. They had so much to live for, and their lives got taken away so soon. And now, I'm pretty sure Professor Akira is dead as well.

As I stared up at the ceiling, a thought ran through my head that I didn't want to believe, but it was the dark truth: the killing game has officially started...

...and things will go drastically downhill from here.

To Survive

THE END

Surviving Students: 13

To Be Continued