Class Trial #4 Part 1: Who's the Culprit?

CLASS TRIAL! ALL RISE!

"Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial!" Monokuma started. "So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one...then I'll punish everyone 'besides' the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate! Now then...where to begin...?"

"We already know who did it...!" Hina said.

"Whoa! Deja vu!" Monokuma gasped.

"The one who killed Sakura...is one of the people that hated her! Byakuya, Toko or Hiro! It was one of you!" Hina declared.

"Hmph. Idiot," Byakuya scoffed.

"I-I had nothing to d-do with it..." Toko denied.

"Y-Yeah! I'd never kill someone, no way!" Hiro argued.

"I don't wanna hear your stupid excuses!" Hina shouted.

Hina seems really sure that one of those three is the killer. She must have some reason for believing that.

-Nonstop Debate! Make Your Argument!-

Hina: It was one of you... One of you killed Sakura!

Byakuya: And what reason do you have for saying so?

Hina: Because you all had a motive! You hated her!

Byakuya: Is that it? That doesn't make any sense...

Hiro: That's the only reason you have for accusing us?

Truth Bullet: Aoi's Account

Makoto: NO, THAT'S WRONG!

-BREAK!!-

"Another reason you suspect them is because Sakura wanted to meet with them, right?" Makoto asked.

"Yeah! And that was right before she died!" Hina confirmed. "So there's no doubt about it! One of those three killed her!"

I can't disagree with Hina. There's good reason to suspect all three of them. Then does that mean that one of them did it?

-Nonstop Debate! Make Your Argument!-

Hina: The fact that Sakura wanted to meet with all three of them... There's no way that's not suspicious! One of you is absolutely guilty!

Byakuya: I don't deny that she wanted to meet with us, but... I never went to see her.

Toko: I-I didn't either...

Hiro: Yeah, same here! I never saw her...!

Truth Bullet: Pocket Trash

Makoto: NO, THAT'S WRONG!

-BREAK!!-

"Hiro...when we were talking before, you dropped a small piece of paper, remember? It was white with red polka dots..." Makoto recalled.

"Wh-What's that got to do with anything!?" Hiro asked in shock.

"Red polka dots...? That's gotta be the wrapper from the candy I gave Sakura!" Hina said.

"N-No, it's...it's, um..." Hiro was trying to think of an excuse.

"Ever since we got into the warehouse, I totally monopolized that entire box of candy. So there's no way a single one of them was left in the warehouse!" Hina explained.

"In that case, Hiro...where 'did' you get that piece of candy?" Makoto questioned.

"From Sakura! It's the only explanation!" Hina answered.