Chapter 30: Some Breakfast Meeting

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

"Well... Better head to the dining hall," I muttered.

So, like usual, I did my morning routine and headed off to the dining hall. When I got there, the first thing I saw was...her.

"Toko! How wonderful of you to join us!" I greeted.

Toko just grumbled as I took a seat next to her. A couple of minutes later Makoto showed up and stared at Toko in surprise.

"What are you s-staring at...?" Toko asked.

"Oh, Toko...?" Makoto questioned.

"What, you think y-your eyes will rot just by l-looking at me? Fine, then DON'T l-look at me!" Toko grumbled.

"I think he's just surprised to see you at the breakfast meeting, is all..." Hiro explained.

"Indeed. It's been quite a while since you joined us," Sakura said.

"Yeah, what made you change your mind?" Hina asked Toko.

"Byakuya said he...l-likes girls to have some meat o-on her bones, so... I'm g-gonna start eating! I'm gonna force it d-down into my stomach! I'm gonna eat till I d-drop!" Toko explained.

"That's very unhealthy!" I said.

"I refuse to l-lose!" Hina yelled.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you..." Sakura advised.

"Well, other than that...it looks like Kyoko isn't here," Makoto observed.

"Oh, she said she'd come by later," Hiro said.

"Later...?" Makoto repeated.

"Yeah. After you leave," Hiro explained.

Kyoko really hates him that much now?

"I know I said she wanted you to show some backbone, but you didn't need to show her THAT much! You're dirty, Makoto! Dirty! President Dirty of Dirtlandia!" Hina shouted.

"You don't understand...!" Makoto defended.

"You're the type who takes the stairs of love three steps at a time, aren't you!?" Hina accused.

"I'm telling you, it's not like that!" Makoto shouted.

"J-Just shut up already, Hina...! You've been running your f-filthy mouth like that all m-morning..." Toko butted in.

"Filthy? ME!?" Hina gasped.

"Don't m-make me repeat m-myself..." Toko smirked.

Hina's face went red as a tomato. "I'm not filthy!"

"It's n-no use denying it. We can all s-see how disgusting you are..."

"Sh-Shut up...!"

"You and that lusty body of yours... Night after n-night, you go out for your illicit c-club meetings..."

"H-Hey, knock it off. I can't deal with dirty stuff like that..."

"Your m-midnight sextracurricular activities only put us in e-even more danger...!"

"S-Stop it..."

"You'd like me to s-stop, wouldn't you? Your sweaty h-hands gripping the big, fat chalk t-tight... Going for all that e-extra credit... Your screams are like the s-screech of a violated blackboard! And...! And! Ah! It's a-amazing! Indecent ideas are c-coming to me one after another!"

I felt my face heating up rapidly. I turned my face away and covered it with my hands.

"So, would you rather have your black eye on the left or the right?" Sakura threatened Toko.

"Hyeeeh! S-Sorry sorry sorry!" Toko apologized repeatedly.

"Let's leave Toko alone. She's gone a little...funny from all her pent-up frustration," Hiro advised, then turned his attention to Makoto. "Anyway, you and Kyoko need to make up already, ya know?"

Makoto nodded his head and then he went up to Sakura. "U-Um...Sakura?"

"What is it?" Sakura asked.

"Can you make some time later? I was hoping I could talk to you," Makoto requested.

"Ah! Now that Kyoko's dumped him, Makoto's trying to win Sakura's heart!" Hina accused.

"Are you in h-heat, Makoto? Don't care who they a-are as long as they've g-got the right equipment?" Toko blushed.

"Watch out, Sakura! Makoto's transformed into a wild beast! Prime Minister Wild Beast of Beastopia!" Hina warned.

"Can you two just leave him alone?" I requested.

"Why is this happening to me...?" Makoto mumbled.

"Can our talk wait till tomorrow? I'd like to get some rest today... For some reason, I've been feeling worn down these last few days," Sakura said.

"Huh? Are you sick? Did you get hurt?" Hina asked in worry.

"No, nothing serious. I've just had some minor aches and pains..." Sakura explained.

"But it must be pretty bad if you have to go rest. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure a protein shake and some sleep will get me back on my feet."

"That's true, protein is good for all kinds of stuff!"

"You guys, like, worship protein. It's like your god or something..." Hiro sighed.

"Makoto! I dunno what it is you wanna talk to Sakura about, but save it till tomorrow! She's in pain!" Hina said.

"Y-Yeah, I got it..." Makoto said.

"Sorry..." Sakura apologized.

"Well...for now, let's eat!" Hiro cheered.

"E-Eat? I'm kinda n-nervous..." Toko stuttered.

"Huh? How come?" Hiro asked.

"Cuz...I don't usually...e-eat in front of other p-people. Ever since I w-was a kid, I'd...eat b-by myself," Toko explained.

"What about your family?" Hiro asked.

"Oh, well-y-yeah. I used to live with my d-dad, my mom, and my m-mom."

"You had...two moms?"

"What? That's just how th-things were..."

"That's, like, a serious issue!"

"Just let it go. You're asking for trouble getting involved with her more than you have to," Hina advised.

"How d-dare you speak to me with that d-disgusting mouth of yours..." Toko said.

"S-Stop saying stuff like that!" Hina blushed.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just gonna finish my breakfast now," I spoke.

"Y-Yeah, me too. If I don't, Kyoko will never show up," Makoto said.

"Pretty miserable situation, man," Hiro commented.

"H-Hehe..." Makoto laughed awkwardly.

So everyone scarfed down their breakfast and headed their separate ways.