Chapter 22: Free Time Event #5

=Free Time=

Byakuya Togami:

I went to the art room to explore the repository room when I bumped into Byakuya.

"Scurrying around again, huh?" Byakuya asked. "Looking at you makes me physically ill."

"I could say the same about you, but I'm not since I'm a nice person. So instead, I'm giving you a chance to have a proper conversation with me before I change my mind about this," I offered.

"Fine. I don't mind allowing you to indulge in my attention. I hope you appreciate this," Byakuya said.

I spent some time with Byakuya.

"Just to be clear, being the Ultimate Affluent Progeny is only one of my many talents. Some people think I rely on the care and protection of the Togami name," Byakuya said.

"Are you doing a monologue?" I asked.

Byakuya ignored me. "But I don't rely on my family. Rather, I am my family's savior. The Togami Corporation reaches across the world, true, but I will take us to even greater heights. It is expected of me, naturally. After all, even my own family has recognized my ultimate superiority. In other words, even among the Togami family, I am the chosen among the chosen."

I scoffed. "So much confidence. Such a typical personality trait of a rich boy."

"And that confidence is justified, I assure you. It comes from the battles I've fought and won."

"Battles?"

"I am personally worth over 4 billion dollars, separate from my Togami family assets."

"And just how did you make that much money?"

"The stock market. I buy and sell shares and assets, based on market trends, all within a single day. Surely even someone as simple-minded as you has heard of this technique."

"Day trading, duh! And you were able to make 4 billion dollars doing that?"

"Well, I first started doing it just to keep myself occupied, and before I knew it...there it was. It's really not a big deal."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course, it isn't to you. But are high schoolers even allowed to buy stocks and bonds?"

"...I'm Byakuya Togami," Byakuya simply said.

"And I'm Hanako Yasashiku. Pleasure to re-meet you," I joked.

Byakuya once again ignored me. "4 billion dollars is nothing to the Togami Corporation, but for personal use, it's not bad. So now you understand, right? I'm not merely the child of modern-day nobility."

"Since you're so good at this, we should start calling you the Ultimate Day Trader!" I teased.

Byakuya smirked. "Oh, I don't do that anymore. It was too simple, so I got bored of it pretty quickly."

My face turned expressionless.

"Of course, that's how I feel about anything I do," Byakuya continued. "Frankly, life is too easy. It's only natural for me to do whatever I want in this world."

I sighed and walked away. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with him.

=======

Hifumi Yamada:

I went to the warehouse to look for some snacks. Hifumi was already there, looking quite sad.

"Hi Hifumi," I greeted.

"...Yes? Do you need something?" Hifumi asked. "If you don't have business with me, please leave me alone."

"Are you upset because of what happened this morning? Do you want to talk about it?" I offered.